Chapter 2: The Dream

I am flying. Up above the clouds, diving and banking, free as a bird. I can feel the wind in my face.

The way I fly feels like a creature with wings. I'm glad for this. I don't have wings so I imagined that if I ever did fly it would be like superman did. My problem with that is it seems boring. You could just go. No grace, no style, just moving. The way I was experiencing it was better. I could still feel gravity pulling me down. I didn't try but I knew that if I tried to stop in midair I would fall. I loved this.

I dive through a cloud feeling the cool water droplets hit my skin. I pull up, spinning with a huge grin on my face. I never want this to end. I see a clearing and decide to check it out.

I glide down to earth, skimming the treetops on the way down. There is no civilization in site. I land near a pond. I can hear birds chirping in the distance. Somewere among the cascading waves of green of the forest canopy. I can smell the crisp pine hidden in the elaborate architecture of nature's design.

The banks are covered with smooth white rocks worn away by time and warm to the touch. I look around. This place is beautiful, it looks as if every speck of dirt is there for a reason.

I take a look around. The place looked liked it had been here, undisturbed since the beginning of time. The trees where taller then the tallest redwoods. The water was a clear, glassy, blue untouched by pollution and the corruption of man.

I see a deer dart between the trees. I drop down to a crouch. I start to stalk after it only to stop myself.

What am I doing? I'm stalking a deer? Why? I want to eat it. Why the hell is that? I'm not some animal.

I go back to admiring the clearing.

"it should be a crime to set foot here, to disturb this place and its natural beauty." I say to myself. Something sounds off about my voice. I walk up to the edge of the lake and look down into the the crisp blue water.

My appearance is masked by the shimmering sun but something seems... off. I ponder what this might be. A color, a shape, an angle? I splash my hand through it. It remains the same. I continue to ponder this for some time, then give up and turn around to fly some more.

A flicker of color catches my attention. It looked... Red? I sharply turn around trying to find whatever that was. It wasn't there.

Was that a bird? No, it was too fast and I would have heard it.

I decide that it would be more effective to look from the air. As I am about to take of I see it again. I can see more of it. It looked yellow with red edges. What the heck is it? I make a grab for it but it turned around with me and I missed. I felt like a dog chasing its tail. Waaaait.

I'm strapped to a cold, steel table. Men with blank faces surround. Me. They where all wearing labcoats. They looked like scientists.

The room looked like a cross between a hospital and a prison cell. The walls and floor where made of white tile. There where a few stains that looked suspiciously like blood. The door was metal and undoubtedly locked.

Great even if I could get off this table I couldn't get out of the room.

One flicks a syringe a few times then squirts some if its contents out. It is filled with dark red liquid. I try to cry out but no sound escapes my lips. The man with the syringe walks over and grabs my arm. I try to pull away but I can't move. I mentally scream for my limbs to move but they will not respond.

I can only watch and I'm terrified.

Where am I? Who are these people? What are they doing to me?

These thoughts are cut short I feel the bite of metal as the needle pierces my skin. That was bad. Then the man pushes the plunger and things get worse.

It feels like liquid fire is flowing through my veins. I cry out in agony and pull at the straps with all my might. "He's awake!" one man yells "sedate him!"

You just noticed that!?

Another man rushes up with another syringe. I do not fight this one. I can not fight this one. I can only flail helplessly as the pain grips me.

This has to be a dream. I can't remember how I got here. Ahhh but it feels so real! I-It would b-BE kidnapping if this was real

My vision tints red and everything look clearer. Like I had just put on glasses I need, but I didn't need glasses. I put it up to fear and pain. My thought start to dim from my agony.

He seems to have trouble getting the needle in but I can't tell why. It is impossible to think about anything through the pain.

Ill give anything. Just PLEASE let it end!

I can barely comprehend what is said all I hear is "faster.... stronger.... calculated... penitrate... Scales.." then I black out

My eyes snap open as I bolt upright in bed. I look around to see my familer bedroom. It was all a dream.

That was the best and the worst dream if my life

I get out of bed. 'But for some reason it felt like more then a dream.

I could explain why I dreamt of those things. I dreamt of flying because if my envy of the dragons I had watched. The reason for the nightmare part was because the sub and the man on the street creeped me out. But, something felt strange, I felt strange.

I felt different.

A/N this chapter was both filler a chock full of foreshadowing. Once again I would love feedback. However, I won't see it or use it before the next chapter as I did chapter 1-3 all at once to kick of the story.

Thanks for reading so far