11

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

The Loveridge family sat around their new dining table in their new house, a good, solid meal sitting in the middle of the table; the smell of the meat sitting heavy in the air. Everyone had been overwhelmed by the house when they rode out to see it, spending Passover in it. They all ate happily, laughing and telling each other about their day.

James had began to remember little things more and more often, Polly's remedy's seeming to be doing the job. He'd remember Will first, then the eldest Shelby's, as well as Edward. But he was yet to remember the rest of them, Sadie included. But he'd also remembered other things, like dates of significant events; their father's birthday being the first. She'd done her best to remain patient, but it was beginning to hurt more and more then it did with each passing day of him missing.

The Loveridge girl stood when the phone began to ring, wiping her hands on her napkin before she strode toward the hall where the telephone stood. She answered it as it rang for the fifth time, holding it up. She instantly bombarded with Polly's hysteric voice, her eyes going wide.

'Pol, take a breath,' She suggested; 'What's happened?'

'They took Michael,' Polly cried; 'The fucking police took Michael. They took him away from me, Sadie. They arrested him.'

'Alright, I'm coming. Does Tommy know?'

'I don't know where he is.'

'May Carleton's. Carleton One. I'll be there soon, Polly.'

The woman didn't reply as the phone rang dead, a long sigh leaving her mouth as she slammed the phone down.

'Fuck me,' She exclaimed.

She marched up to her room, changing into an older dress before she pulled her boots on. She stomped back down the stairs, grabbing Jimmy's bridle off the hook by the door.

'Sadie, where're you going?' James asked.

'Michael's been arrested and Pol's in hysterics,' She informed them; 'I'll be back by morning. If not, then soon.'

'Be safe,' Edward called.

'I will.'

She whistled for Jimmy, pulling his bridle on in the dim light coming from the house before she launched herself onto his back; letting him lead her home.

>>>>>>

Sadie sat in the betting dead with her head resting on her fist, her eyes struggling to stay open. She'd spent the night looking after Polly, before she rang the farm and informed her family she was safe. But, with Polly laying in her lap and all the curtains closed, she never slept; her inner nightmares getting the better of her.