extended summary + playlist

s y n o p s i s

Even with the burden of disappointing her parents weighing heavily on her shoulders, Norah Webster knew she belonged onstage. There was something liberating about stepping into a character's life and leaving your own behind even if it's only for a short amount of time.

Landing the lead role her senior year should've felt the same, but it brought on a whole bunch of problems on its on.

Dealing with twisted ankles and lost voices, her ex-boyfriend portraying her love interest, jealous cast mates, and spending countless hours in rehearsals with the new pianist, Adrian Tate, a troubled boy from her past that manages to get under her skin is only the beginning.

p l a y l i s t

1. still into you - paramore

"and baby even on our worst nights /
i'm into you."

2. you belong with me - taylor swift

"you say you're fine, i know you better than that."

3. 18 - one direction

"i have loved you since we were 18."

4. nobody compares - one direction

"now all of my friends say /
it's not really worth it /
but even if that's true."

5. kissed you goodnight - gloriana

"i should've kissed you /
i should've pushed you up against the wall /
i should've kissed you /
just like i wasn't scared at all."

6. loved you first - one direction

"i never understood what love was really like /
but i felt it for the first time looking in your eyes."

7. keep holding on - avril lavigne

"whatever is meant to be will work out perfectly."

e x t r a s

the play they're producing is Camp Rock. There is an actual play called CAMP ROCK: THE MUSICAL but I wasn't a big fan. So, I changed it a little and they're basically just producing the first movie (like schools do with HSM).

I was going to choose other popular choices but I wanted something I was familiar with. Besides with the Jonas Brothers coming back, who doesn't want to relive Camp Rock? I also think it's completely underrated in the musical department and would love to see it produced at schools.

Granted the whole thing isn't gonna be the play, but the music behind it is pretty important.

d i s c l a i m e r s

* just a reminder, my characters thoughts, beliefs, and values do not necessarily match my own. if you do not agree with what they say/do/think then that's okay, we're all entitled to our own opinion. however, i will not tolerate hate toward me or my characters (within reason) over their actions and thoughts. we're only human.

* all characters, places, events are figments of my imagination. if there are any similarities then they are purely coincidental.

* this story is one of the few in my drafts that I've continually gotten inspiration for and I'm ready to take this one to the end. I'm aiming around thirty to forty chapters.

* it's a slow burn. You don't go from hating one another to loving each other in three chapters.

* this is a first draft, meaning it hasn't been edited and it's probably a mess. all constructive feedback is welcome!

t i m e l i n e

start: 8/19/2019
end: 5/21/2021

c o p y r i g h t

please don't plagiarize my story. like I mentioned earlier, I've been working super hard on this story and I would hate to have to take it down because of plagiarists.

now, I know there are a bunch of stories out there about two people who've hated each other fall in love. But I've yet to read one like mine, and I've never read a novel that took part in a musical before so here we go.