eleven

"I can't believe you fell asleep."

"I can't believe you're bringing this up again."

The two of us sat in the subway, thankfully we were able to snag two seats for the way back to the police station. It was a little before eight o'clock, and I was relieved that our dude in the dress hadn't made a reappearance.

I sat back in the seat. "I just can't believe you fell asleep, considering you didn't wake up until after eleven this morning."

It was in the middle of an intense scene, only about thirty minutes into the movie when I had discreetly glanced over at him. His eyes were sealed shut with his breathing steady, and his head was dangerously falling closer to my shoulder.

Adrian snorted. "This is rich coming from the girl who fell asleep while we were at the theatre watching Harry Potter."

"We were like ten." I weakly defended myself.

He shook his head. "And you call yourself a movie fanatic, yet you fell asleep in one of the greatest movie series of all times."

I shrugged, turning to look at him. "If it was one of the greatest movie series of all times, I wouldn't have fallen asleep."

Adrian actually looked offended. "One of these days, I'm going to make you watch all those movies. Then you're going to realize what you slept on."

I tried not to let his making of future plans get in my head. He didn't actually want to watch all of those movies with me, it was just a heat of the moment idea.

Today didn't go as awful as I imagined it would. His presence was welcomed in the theatre; him falling asleep actually prevented him asking questions throughout the entire thing. He was back to his usual arrogant, annoying self. I guess all he needed was a little nap.

His presence wasn't annoying me. It was actually...nice.

There was still too much history between the two of us. So many broken promises and broken memories that shaped us into the people we are today, and that shaped our relationship into what it is. I couldn't find it in me to completely forget all that we've gone through because of a few good days together.

However, there was a new side of him that I hadn't gotten to see before today. Last night, he had opened up about his time in public school, something he never would've told me if I had asked him a month prior to this.

And even though he wanted nothing more than to dance the night away with Kylie, he left early so I would feel more comfortable.

"That totally reminds me," my eyes widened, "I need to rewatch Camp Rock before Monday."

His eyebrows narrowed. "Are you actually taking that seriously?" He asked me, disbelief coating his words. "I'm pretty sure you've seen that movie enough times to get the feel of it."

"Yeah," I nodded, agreeing with him, "but it always helps to watch the original once in a while. That way, I can really get the feel of the lead, you know?"

"I don't." He answered honestly. "But I get it. Kind of." He scratched his arm. "West is like that, too. I'm pretty sure he watched that movie on a loop the entire weekend before rehearsals started."

"Oh, right," I elbowed him as best as I could, "thanks for that, by the way."

He recoiled immediately. "What the fuck was that for?"

"That was for making things awkward between me and West."

He chuckled. "Oh, yeah. This is Me was pretty fucking hilarious to watch. Schneider cursing at the two of you in Spanish was probably the highlight."