ten

I never thought I would be as excited as I was to see Caroline's home.

We were out way past eight thirty, and by the time we left the diner, my dad was already fast asleep in his bed. There was no way we could get the handcuffs off tonight, so we had no choice than to take Caroline up on her offer.

"Obviously the two of you are going to have to share a bed," she informed us as she opened one of her guest room doors, "but this has an ensuite bath so no one will even know you're here."

Caroline left us to ourselves and I stalked off in the direction of the bathroom.

"Whoa, we haven't figured out the whole bathroom situation yet."

I brought him to the sink, turning on the water and using a make-up wipe to rid of my daily make-up. I caught his puzzled eyes through the mirror, and I held back a laugh. "Just because I'm chained to you, doesn't mean I'm skipping my face routine."

He bit his tongue, holding back every remark he had stored on the tip. I dug out a spare contact case and took my own out, failing to hold in my chuckles at Adrian's disgusted expression.

"I'm glad after tonight, I'm never gonna have to see you do that ever again."

I shook my head. "Baby."

Caroline had stocked the drawers with the basic toiletries. I quickly brushed my teeth and waited for Adrian to do the same. Turning off the light, I made him lead the way.

"Why do I have to?"

"Because I don't have my glasses."

"We're gonna have a problem." He said as we reached the bed and I flipped back the covers. "I have to pee."

"No, you're gonna hold it."

"I can't just hold it, Norah, come on. It'll take like five seconds."

"No."

"We all have to go. It's a way of life."

"Not while I'm hooked to you it's not."

"Come on." He tugged and I tried my hardest to resist the pull of the cuffs, but the metal dug into my skin painfully. "Seriously, Norah, let's go."

"Fine. But only because I don't want you wetting the bed."

"Fine by me."

...

"Okay, tomorrow, we're getting these off pronto."

I pictured him rolling his eyes. "You didn't even touch anything. Just wait until you have to go. Better learn how to use your left hand."

The room enveloped into darkness, the only light coming from the cracks in the blinds. I closed my eyes, moving around to find a comfortable spot.

"Can I ask you something? Without you getting all defensive?"

"That all depends on the question."

I felt him shift so he was laying on his left side, his arm dragging mine along with us as he got comfortable. I turned my head to look at his silhouette.