chapter two.

"Your name is an abbreviation."
Loveless points out in a gentle whisper, crouching slowly to meet my eye level while I sat on a bean bag chair. We were in a library, but the best part wasn't that we could combine our voices to create the loudest blood curdling scream known to man and none would hear, but the fact that Loveless still respected the rule and kept her voice down.
Her purities were surely something to draw a smile from anyone around to witness.
If they could.

I shrugged, raising my eyebrows in another one of my snarky, sarcastic gestures, tossing the leftover waves of blue I forgot to tie up with the rest of my curly bun.

"Well, for what?" She continues, letting interest play with the dynamics of her tone. She let her legs give, so she could go into sitting in the knees-to-chest position.

Fighting against the kind force of that hint of joy, I smiled, waited for a little while, knowing that if I opened my mouth to speak now, I'd lose that fight.

"Melodrama." I responded soon after regaining myself, investigating the magenta spots that littered her cheekbones and nose bridge. She seemed to be in awe, which seemed a little far off...

"Melodrama, huh?" She queried, gently tapping the tip of her rounded chin. "Sentimental, histrionic... tender--"

I sighed as the voice of the amaranth angel went on with naming words synonymous to the one I'm called.

I know she thinks I'm the complete opposite. I can feel it in the shades of her voice.

Well, isn't she in for it?

Standing to my feet and stretching, I felt bones pop in more places than one, making a rhythm soon here and gone.

Looking down at Loveless' piercing zircon eyes, I offered a half-genuine smile,
"I am nothing more than the exaggeration of time and lack thereof."

She twirled a thin strand of the half-beach hair perched splendidly upon her dreaming head with her index and middle finger, not moving another part of her body. Not an inch.

"You too, huh?"
She rasped, managing a small grin in response.

Yes, sadly.
Me too.