chapter three

And so I found myself dozing off, head spinning, autour, autour, on its invisible axis. Loveless had already made herself comfortable under my dark bedsheets, and quicker than I could blink, I found myself wondering how I let her convince me to let her stay.

I started to wonder if she even needed to ask.

My gaze wandered about, acquainting itself with the dimmed aura of my room, a room with no windows, a room with no doors, but definitely a home nonetheless - though I refused to admit it, Loveless had quickly become the home that I needed. She could awaken now and leave the room, the room with no windows, and no doors, and the feeling of home, the word, the whole definition, would go with her.

A mumbling brought my attention away from an abyss of clouded thoughts I had no idea I was in, and now to the right I stared.
Eyes sleepily and slowly blinking, the room had began to finally display light, at its own pace.

The lovely entity that carried light laughter in her right pocket rose, adagio in her movement - and in real time, my eyes became heavy.
She watched me, sighed knowingly, reached to touch my cheek as the world around me became a haze yet again.

Distance.