Chapter Thirty-Seven

Tristan and I had been dating for a month and half, and I was the happiest I had ever been in my life. Everything seemed to be falling in place and I was getting everything I deserved, things that were past overdue. I had a sweet, country ass girlfriend. I was officially signed to Top Face Models. Angela took the role of my manager making sure I got offered major deals and opportunities to get my name out there.

So far, in a month I had reached 100K followers on Instagram which was wild to even fathom and snagged a huge deal for Calvin Klein. Most b-tches started out with FashionNova or Forever 21 and here I was posting pictures in my f-cking Calvin's.

Outside of business though, Tristan and I were doing really well. It was the healthiest relationship I had been in. There weren't many spats, even if there were, there were just stupid ones that were resolved within an hour and finalized with some jaw dropping ass make up sex. We had time for each other, even with me working and the fact Tristan had the kids 24/7. Even when we didn't have alone time, I cherished times with her and her kids. It was always an adorable, hilarious experience.

"Yes! Yes! That's what the f-ck I'm talking about," Romeo yelled at me as I looked towards the photographer. I was standing there in a red unlined Calvin Klein bralette with panties to match. I stared at the camera innocently as if I was being caught off guard. My hands were in front of my stomach my index and thumb holding on to the middle finger of my other hand as I stood.  My blonde curls naturally graced my shoulders.

Romeo was there for moral support. I mean, he was the hottest male model in the world and had become a dear friend, so it was nice having him there to cheer me on. He was lowkey like a mentor mixed in with a friend. He helped me with adjusting to "fame" and was even accompanying me to my first Hollywood party tonight. He was good to have around, except for now, since it was hard not to laugh with him repeatedly shouting out pleasantries.

"You take such good pictures. I don't even have to tell you anything," the photographer said with amazement as he let me swipe through the pictures he had taken. I had went through a bunch of outfit changes. I was going to be the main model for the summer season. They were going to put me on billboards and have my photos over Calvin Klein stores across the world. When I heard that some of the photos were going to appear in Times Square, I almost pissed my f-cking pants!

"She's a natural. Not as good as me, but a natural," Romeo said from behind us. I turned around, smiled and slapped his shoulder playfully. "You killed that sh-t, for real though. These photos are...sheesh. I'm telling you, man." He dramatically wiped at his forehead as if he about to break a sweat before pulling at his collar.

My cheeks flushed and I giggled. "Shut up, idiot!"

"You know what would make these pictures...just a little better? I mean, they're perfect now, but I just had the craziest idea," the photographer said, his eyes lighting up as he spoke.

"What's that?"

"Since we have both of you here, I think it'd be nice to get some photos of you two together. It'd be crazy."

"Am I going to get paid for this," Romeo jested with a laugh.

"Of course, we'll set it up. You know I got you, man. Don't I always got you? The big dogs are going to make sure you get paid," the photographer reassured Romeo.

"I mean, it's Lani's shoot and I don't wanna intrude. I'm just here for moral support," Romeo said as he scratched the back of his neck and glanced over at me.

"No, it's cool. I think it'd be dope actually. We wrapped up a bit earlier than expected so we might as well get a couple pics in, Mr. Natural."

Romeo gave me a fake cocky grin and brushed off his shoulders with his hand. "Well, if you insist. I can show you how modeling is done."