5- family dinner part ii

[irl—third person]

Lamelo wandered the halls, staring at the occasional picture. Second door to the right, second door to the right. He was still trying to come up with an excuse to talk to Gianna. He stood in front of her door, hearing music blaring through the other side.

Melo slowly opened the door. Colored lights bounced off the white lacquer walls. He could feel the bass of the music reverberate  under his feet. The walls had little doodles and drawings made from sharpie.

Gianna turned around, a little shocked. "Oh, shit, you scared me. Did you need something?" Gianna tried to be polite and hospitable, after all the two families had to get along.

"Not really. Just kind of bored. Is there anything else to do?—Not saying that the game room wasn't sick as shit, just not in the mood for video games."

Gianna was contemplating something, her fingers slightly tapping her chin. Is this a good idea or is it just shitty? She looked at Melo, who was looking around her room trying to familiarize himself.

"Actually, I might need your help. If you want to help me out. It's nothing serious or that important so you can say no if you wanna. Up to you."

"Well, what is it?"

"I'm a youtuber in my free time, and I kinda need to shoot a video by tonight. Maybe you can help me out and be in my video? It'll show our parents that we're getting along. And my dad is on my ass about being cool with you guys."

Gianna internally winced, was that last part a bit harsh? She felt empathetic, which she was a lot. But after a bit of scanning his features for a change in mood she calmed down.

"Sure, why not? Might be fun. And I'm getting that good press." Melo chuckled. He sat down in her hanging chair and placed the pink fur pillow on his lap.

"Alright then we're good to go. Just need to find an idea first." Again Gianna sprawled herself on her bed, this was a usual practice when she needed and idea. "Can't do a Mukbang, we boutta eat."

"How bout 21 questions? And put some clickbait shit like 'gone sexual' or some shit." Lamelo suggested. He wouldn't admit but he only added the last part in hopes the seemingly innocent idea would in fact go sexual.

He had a point to prove—that he could pull Gianna. Aside from the fact that he had grown a little crush on her in that small amount of time.

Gianna thought about the idea. Would it really be in their best interest to add the last bit? Or would it boost views? She thought 'fuck it, don't have any other ideas.'

"21 questions it is. I think we can get through filming before dinner. My dad loves to talk and my moms probably still trying to cook some fresh conchas to impress y'all."

"Conchas?" Melo questioned, he didn't have the slightest clue about any Hispanic foods besides tacos, burritos, and churros.

"They smack. Especially when you're lit. Try them when they're warm though, it's a beautiful thing." Gianna set her camera up, placing it on a table across from her bed. She motioned for Lamelo to go over and sit next to her.

"Imma record in three, two, one." Gianna put a big smile on her face, "Hey y'all, welcome back to my channel. And if you're new I'm Gianna Saenz, the littest Saenz sister. Today I'm here with—"

"Lamelo, but y'all can call me Melo." Lamelo winked at the camera. Usually he hated being on camera, but Gianna made it feel natural and fun.

"For today's video we're going to play 21 questions. This is all spontaneous, we literally thought of this five minutes ago."