Epilogue

Addison:

There she is strutting down the campus like she owns the place. Disgusting. Her friends die in a terrorist attack, and she only becomes more confident. I grip my knuckles until they're white. It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. I back away from the window and stride over to my bed. I undo my bun and let my blonde locks fall to my shoulders.

Scowling, I fall backwards onto my sheets. I don't understand. I fed them those details. Whenever Audrey was around, I would speak loud enough for her to hear. I let her know that Camille's birthday is December 5th. I allowed her to listen in on conversations where I would detail her favorite things. I also just so happened to mention that Camille wanted to visit Cambridge Park again. It always was one her favorite places to visit. I made Audrey believe that all her plans for Camille's birthday were her own when in reality I was manipulating her from the very start. I knew she would rope Sam into those plans as well, so there was no need for me to coax him into coming up with the same idea. Everything went exactly as I wanted. Except for one thing.

All this work I put into one plan and the person I wanted to die the most still lived. She made a fool of me several weeks ago, and I vowed that I would never let her get away with it. That terrorist attack was no accident. I don't know why the organization decided to launch an attack like that, but it played well into my plans. I twirl my hair on my finger and growl. Next time. I'll get her next time. Camille Belland will not escape the fate that is chasing after her. I will not let her escape death.