Chapter 2: Learning the Ropes

Yuuta's POV

"It been a whole day since we met Kirito, Asuna, Yuya, and all of their other friends at the party, so I decided to log in again today and take a look around the hub, where I found Shiro in a room, waiting for me."

"Shiro..?"

"Welcome back, Master!"

"What is this place?"

"This is Master's room and I'm Master's ArFA-sys. So, of course I be here!"

"It looks quite big and spacious."

"To put it in another way. I am a Artificial... Financial...uhm, Advisor?"

"You don't sound to sure."

"Er, in other words, I'm an ArFA-sys Type-X!"

"What...does that mean?"

"...Well, uhm, anyway...I am a very intelligent support AI with an impenetrable treasury!"

"Treasury?"

"Oh yeah, you haven't done the tutorial yet, have you? You need to learn how to use me effectively!"

"O-Okay....I will."

"From credit and item management to cleaning your room and finding your friends, I can do pretty much anything!"

"That's actually pretty impressive, Shiro."

"Is there anything you like to know?"

"Hm..."

As the new quest "ArFA-sys Lectures" appeared on my screen, Shiro explained to me along with the tutorial about Gun Gale Online and the major updates, such as "The Gold Rush Major Update" and "Avatar Customization." It all did sound really fascinating and I couldn't wait to try them out.

"There's still a lot you need to learn."

"Got it. I'll do my best to learn everything there is."

"That's great, Master. Let's get you ready before we leave. There'll be bullets flying everywhere out there, you know!"

"R-Really....?"

"Oh, it's safe inside the city. You can only fight in the field and in it's designated areas. But don't worry, I'll be there with you wherever you go. We'll get any enemies with a whoosh! Ka-pow! Dakka dakka!"

Shiro made hand hitting motions as she said this, and it made me a little bit worried about what she was learning.

"What do I have to do to get ready, though?"

"Well, you can use Customization Points to let me optimize my stats and yours." Shiro said.

"Okay, that makes sense to me."

"But stats aren't the only important thing for fighting. You need to equip strong weapons and armor too. Look at my wonderful stats first!"

"Let's take a see then."

I opened the screen to see our stats, but when we did, Shiro's stats weren't very good. They were a bit low.

"That's strange...Why are my stats so low?! Don't tell me it's a system error!"

"Calm down, Shiro. I'm sure it's nothing too serious."

"Master, we must do something! I can't fix by myself. We need to sort this out now! Quick, take me to a repair shop!"

"Do AI's even need repairs? I thought they learn through experience."

"This is very strange. There are practically no skills. Missile launching, fund increases, cracking hilarious jokes...All my skills are gone!"