Chapter 3: Zeliska

Yuuta's POV

"After being introduced to Rain, Strea, and Philia, Kirito, Kureha, Shiro and I went over to talk to Klein, only to find him trying to hit on an ArFA-sys unit."

".............."

"Come on, girl! I'm not asking for much! I just want your phone number!"

"I am terribly sorry, but I cannot comply with that request."

"Y-You? Th-Then how about going out for coffee?"

"Welcome. How may I help you?"

"Ugh... She's playing hard to get...but I like that! Come on, I'm not giving up, so why not tell me your phone number?"

"............"

"What is he doing? She's an AI, so it's not like she has a phone number."

"When in the world is Klein doing?" Shiro asked.

"I have no idea in the slightest....."

"Ha ha.....yeah, sorry you had to see that Aluche," Kirito said.

"That's okay....."

"Hey, Aluche...Maybe we should pretend we didn't see that and just head somewhere else." Kureha suggested.

"Sounds good to me."

Before we could make our escape though, Klein finally noticed us.

"Y-You guys were already here? What the hell? You should've said something! Yeesh!"

"It was pretty hard to say something," I said.

"Really hard, actually. What were you even doing?" Shiro asked.

"Well, you children wouldn't understand. This is, uh...I guess you'd call it "adult communication."

"What kind of adult hits on NPCs?"

"OBVIOUSLY you can't pick up an NPC, you moron," Kureha said, sounding harsh.

"What the hell are you talkin' about? If I do this a thousand times, an event might trigger."

"Huh.......?"

"A-A thousand times......?"

"Hey, it happens in games sometimes....maybe," I said.

"See? Aluche understands. I'll let you in on a secret."

"I was just saying anything, I really don't know."

"I'm about to tell you something about the ArFA-sys units. The official name for them is ArFA system."

"We know that.

"But get this. ArFA is short for Artificial Financial Advisor. See where I'm getting at here?"

"Um, I think I do."

"They deal with money and stuff. They're AI that help players manage their finances and items. Well, this is all second-hand info, of course."

"Good to know."

"I've talked to this babe 500 times so far and memorized her every words!"

"O-Okay....." I said, not sure what to do or say.

"Yikes, 500 times....? You gotta be kidding me..." Kureha added.

"Of course there are all different types of ArFA-sys units. Your ArFA-sys is a pretty rare one."

"Hehehe....I am a Type-X, after all! I am exceptionally rare and very intelligent!"

"Well, that's what everyone says....So, the Type-As would be the ones you can rent. You need an ArFA-sys unit for certain quests, so I think they cover that...Then there are the Type-Bs. They have limited functionality and are normally used as receptionists. Like this foxy lady here."