Chapter 3

*2 months later*

Hayden became this quiet girl after Sean did what he did to her she even quit cheerleading and just used her academic scholarship. One night she was in the kitchen of her dorm she was eating her pizza when Nat and all of her friends came in after practice she grabbed her pizza box and went to her room. 

"Hayden where are you going?" Steve said

"I just want to be alone." she said as she went to her room. 

Bucky came in and slammed the door and Nat said "What the hell is your problem?'

He sighed as he sat on the couch and said "Got any beer." 

"Yeah." Wanda said as she went over to the fridge and gave him one and he said "Kaci broke up with me." 

Carol went to the fridge and said "Well that's good we have missed have your smart ass around." 

"Shut up Danvers" Bucky said 

Nat's wheels started to turn and Bucky said "Nat get that look off your face I told you no 3 months ago." 

"Buck when was the last time you seen her." Nat said

"I see her 2 times a week in two different classes." Bucky said 

Hayden came out with her now empty pizza box and the now empty bottle of vodka threw them away and went back to her room. "That I can't fix I don't why you think I can' He said 

Sam looked down and said "Because Bucky you know how to treat her like a guy is suppose to. We have all seen how you treat your girls." 

"And what if that doesn't help her any." Bucky said as he sat up on the couch and finished off his beer.

Nat said "Bucky just forget it if you don't want to do it then forget it." 

The boys went back to their dorm and played video games and drank more beer and the girls did facials including Hayden. 

************

The day after Christmas her parents came up with her older sister and her husband to celebrate her birthday at her grandma's house they all came over. Her older sister Hadley said "Oh happy birthday and Merry Christmas Preslynn" 

"You know I prefer Hayden Hadley." she said 

"But it's your first name." Hadley said 

"Hadley I said I prefer Hayden." she said 

"Girls don't start" her step dad said 

Her grandma ordered her a 3tier cake for her 20th birthday she sat it out and said "Ok Hayden make a wish sweetheart." 

"Of course grandma would go all out for Hayden's birthday she's always been the favorite." Hadley said

"Hadley that's enough

"Hadley that's enough." Margaret said

"See you don't deny none of you do." Hadley said

"You are ruining your sister's birthday" their mom said 

"I don't really care mom." Hadley said

"Oh shut up Hadley I'm tired of this shit with you. Grow up Hadley we aren't kids anymore" Hayden yelled at her sister.

"Make me shut up. Prove me wrong let's see what you got for your birthday shall we." Hadley said

Hayden saw her go towards her presents and said "Hadley I swear to god I'm about to punch you." 

"GIRLS!!" theirstep dad yelled

"Come on Kyle just one punch I need to punch something." she said 

"Oh you can punch me but you can't punch a boy that beats you." Hadley said 

Hayden went running and tackled her older sister to the floor and said "Don't ever talk about that again do you hear me I fought back the best I could you bitch." 

Her grandma came over and got Hayden off her sister and said "Come on girls take her somewhere to cool off." as she took her over to Wanda and Nat and Carol. 

The boys followed them out on the porch and Hayden sat down on the porch stairs and started to cry. Bucky swallowed hard and whispered "Guys go back in." 

Bucky grab a little bit of snow and sat beside her and started to rub the snow against the back of her neck and she started to calm down. She looked over at him and she winced when he went to wipe tears and he whispered "Shh it's alright I'm not going to hurt you." 

He started to wipe her tears and whispered "Just breathe doll." 

Her cheeks were still red hot from her temper flaring up and he got some more snow and started to rub it on her cheeks he's dated enough red heads to know how to calm them down. She started to laugh and he smiled and he said "There's those dimples." 

She looked down and he lifted her chin and he said "You ready to go back to your party." 

"I guess so." she said 

He helped her up and they went back in and she went to blow our her candles. Wanda said "You did good" to Bucky.

"Well I've dated enough hot heads I should know how to calm one down right." he said 

Wanda said "Yeah.."

"Besides the snow trick worked for you." he said 

"Oh shut up Bucky." she said

That night they all went back to the dorms.