Chapter 4 - Thorough Search

The next day, 1300 hours - Seoul National University

On the following day's afternoon, Parsons and his four colleagues arrived at the last known location of Lee Chin-Mae in a van wearing police uniforms with rubber gloves and surgical masks just so the public won't bat an eye. Once they approached the abandoned vehicle, they began a thorough search for a possible trace of their suspect's abduction. First was obviously the interior of the car where Price was searching every single compartment with Jolson searching for prints starting with the broken glass from the smashed window, Parsons and Field checking the boot for any possible traces of stolen items. "Bloody standard detective work, just like old times..." Evan said as he checked the glove compartment, "Funny, i'm not normally known for doing detective work back home..." Keith responded while still looking all over for fingerprints. Meanwhile at the back of the car, Jack suddenly found something that he certainly didn't expect to find. "Field..." he said called to his CO and looked at him before returning to his discovery, it appeared to be an unknown item covered in a black sheet, possibly a weapon. The two then made an attempt to uncover the object and they were suddenly surprised, it was a little case containing a lot of money and a letter that was written in Korean. "Shit...he must've known they were coming..." Jack mumbled as he inspected the case, "so who do you think the letter's for?" Field ask in curiosity.

An hour and a half later - British Embassy

After the thorough search on Lee's car, the evidence gathered by the four was on the conference table of the CBM facility underneath the building where it was to be presented to the ambassador and the head of the Korean National Intelligence Service, Kwan Dong-Woo. "So this must be all the items that you found in Lee's car?" Kwan asked, "Yes, sir. Apparently, some of them may be telling us that our man knows what was going to happen." Commander Field answered. "And which is telling you such?" Kwan asked, "One small case full of cash with a letter inside, possibly for his family and a Daewoo K5." the commander answered, presenting the two in separate evidence bags. "You and your colleagues have done well, Commander Field. We'll take care of the rest of the vehicle and in the meantime, do carry on with the investigation." the head of the NIS said as he then shook hands with Field before saying "do contact me if there's anything new" then left, greeting Boyden on the way out. The ambassador then joined the four Englishmen, "Good work, you four." he said to them. Once they packed up on the evidence for the police, they carried them to the lift and left the embassy to hand them over to the men by the police van. "So what now?" Jack asked now that they found possible traces to Lee's abduction, "We're gonna see an old friend" Field answered, implying that he knows who to talk to for information on who could have kidnapped their man.

2000 hours - "Blacklist"

Later that evening, the four Englishmen took a ride in the red Capri to a bar in the "Yongsan-gu" area known as "Blacklist". This was a proposed meeting point for Field and a secret contact from the Special Mission Battalion, Park Jin-Woo, an operator who retired after an incident that had him involved with a Filipino teenager who had a gun on him. As he sat and waited for his old friend to show up at the bar, he took a little sip from a pint of vodka and looked around. Once the four came in, Commander Field would approach him. "You 'right, Jinny?" he greeted his Korean friend who he knew from a joint operation involving the covert extraction of a North Korean defector, Field was one of the Royal Marines among the SAS commandos cooperating with the SMB at the time. "Doing better than you think...Commander Henry Field" Park answered to him before taking another sip of vodka. The three would then approach the Korean moments before Field introduces him to his colleagues, "Lads, this is Jinny Park. He's got informants from every potential threat to the South Korean government other than the Kims.". "Annyeonghaseyo! Park Jin-Woo, seven-oh-seven SMB." Field's Korean friend introduced himself, "Jinny and i did a couple jobs together after i left Afghanistan, we were among the lads in the SAS during some of them." Field then followed. The commander's colleagues then introduced themselves and greeted Park, "So commander...who are you after this time?" the Korean asked in curiosity. Field looked at his three Englishmen then glanced over to Park before answering, "...remember Lee Chin-Mae?" he answered with a relevant question. "The arms dealer? We've been looking for him too." Park answered, "Really?" Parsons asked him. "A cousin of mine knows a close relative to Lee, he told me that the last person he went to see before he disappeared were a couple foreigners." The Korean answered, explaining his distant connection to Lee's family. "A client?" Parsons asked, "He's always selling to foreigners but what's unusual is that this one spoke to him directly. From what i heard, the most recent order he had was a shipment of Stinger missiles and Daewoo rifles to be sent to Manila." Park explained. "God's sake..." Field sighed, leaving his colleagues curious. "What is it?" Jack asked, "I know exactly who took him..." the commander answered. "It's them isn't it...?" Park asked, leaving Commander Field to explain.