° five °

His strides were as leisurely as always, soft but allowing him to move with an air of arrogance across the parking lot shared by numerous departments, gravel crunching beneath his sleek shoes.

Tin felt the heat of the sun beat down upon him and the faint sensation of his perspiration causing his white shirt to stick to his skin, both things only sharpening the ever-present scowl on his face.

He didn't expect much on this small trip back to his car after a long day of lectures, but there it was, on the opposite side of the same line he had parked along, a scene which made his teeth clench with anger but heart tighten with worry.

Frozen in his spot, he stood and stared, eyes squinting against the overhead light.

Why on earth was Pete chatting so amicably with that Thai Programme boy again? Was that Ae?

Pete had only made the mistake once of revealing the other's name, whilst happily chirping away to Tin with a smile on his lips that could match the brightness of a star; and Tin had not paid much mind, seeing as how he was aware of his friend's romantic preferences.

Him being attracted to guys was perfectly fine, this though? This was unacceptable.

That low-class student was watching Pete with the most lovesick of expressions and Pete was returning it fully. Were they dating? Was it already too late to save the situation?

Suddenly, a twinge of hurt made itself known in Tin's chest.

Why had Pete tried to hide this from him? He could answer that question for himself actually, but he still felt betrayed. After all, his best friend should know by now that Tin only had his well-being as a top priority.

As such, he had to do something to prevent the whole thing from spiralling out of control.

Pete falls quickly and badly for people, I simply need to find a way to separate them.

A roar of determination rattled within him at the thought, faintly masking the doubts and pain that stubbornly lingered in muted traces.

Proceeding towards his car, steps now heavy and occassionally kicking at miniscule pebbles, he entered the vehicle and slammed the door shut, revving the engine prior to driving away as quickly as possible.

Despite the amount of time he had to ponder on his way home and then to work, Tin remained utterly frazzled, now plainly sizzling with irritation.

Was he in the mood for working? Not at all.

And was he in the mood for seeing that tiny brat named Can, prancing into the café so happily? Most certainly not.

Yet his day kept getting worse as that monkey of a boy entered the otherwise quiet shop, fully ignoring Tin and going to order from Rain instead - an action that only infuriated the tall male even more.

Don't ignore me, damn titch.

The girl beside him happily treated her customer and, in turn, Can focused fully on her, never sparing Tin a meagre glance.

He decided there and then that as soon as the Thai Programme student even tried to steal a grain of sugar that day, he would go up to him and call him out, unlike the previous times.

Maybe it was due to the constantly bubbling pot which was waiting to burst within him, or maybe it was because there was nobody and nothing to stop him that afternoon, but as soon as he spotted Can making his move towards the miniature basket filled with their sugar packets after being seated at his table, something snapped inside him and his legs carried him around the counter and towards the other's spot.

His heart was racing for reasons he interpreted as rage, and the nearer he got to Can, the more his muscles tensed.

"What do you think you're doing?"

❁❈❁

Please vote, comment and share the story!
thanks for reading