° twenty-nine °

It was silent, voices wafting in the air around them but muffled and distant, while Can and Tin stood with their irises strained upon one another's.

Can blinked, and then blinked again, processing the question.

Aha, Tin is gay!

Wait. Tin is gay?

Double wait. Does that mean he had been flirting with him?

It doesn't add up though. How do you go from hating someone, to suddenly having feelings for them? Ugh, rich people are in a complicated world all of their own!

The shift in Tin's grip on his arm brought Can back to the present, and he refocused his eyes to see that the other was looking almost meek as time went on and Can said nothing.

He gulped.

What was he supposed to do? Asked out by a guy, and Tin, no less.

"That's uhm, uh. . ."

The taller's feet shuffled slightly, taking miniscule steps back.

"You - Can I think about it?"

Can blurted out the last phrase, nervousness getting the best of him and his heart refusing to be tamed as it galloped in the cage his ribs formed.

It was belated, but Tin nodded thrice, the tips of his ears burning a vibrant red, throat dry and a timid hope being set alight within him.

That was his first time asking anyone out, and Can's response wasn't essentially a negative one, so he didn't take it as a failure on his behalf.

"I can wait."

Can imitated his nod and they bashfully seperated from one another, as if they hadn't already kissed three times up to then.

The space between them was heavy, neither capable of meeting their eyes just yet, until Can got tired of it and obnoxiously cleared his throat.

"Well, I need to go out or else P'No will kill me for being super late."

"A-And I'll come watch the practice."

As Can anticipated, the moment his feet finally touched the field's turf, the football captain spotted him and jogged over, a scowl clearly present on his face. His gaze only briefly flickered over Tin prior to settling on his player, folding his arms across his chest like an angry parent.

"Ai'Can, do you need me to tie a clock to your forehead or something? You're really late."

"Actually, P', if you tie a clock to my forehead I still won't be able to see the time because -"

His senior pushed at his shoulder with a huff, rolling his eyes from which the irritation had already faded.

"Brat, don't take everything too literally."

Can rubbed at the nape of his neck, then gave up understanding and let his hand flop to his side in surrender.

"Okay. Sorry, P'No."

The captain glanced at him from the corner of his eyes and noticed the smaller's pouted lips and puffed cheeks, and he inevitably caved with a lengthy sigh.

"Alright, alright. It's fine," he said, waving a dismissive hand.

"Just go start before -"

"Before I see you letting him off easy, as usual, and tease you about it, as usual?"

Techno let out a breath of defeat once Type's arm wrapped around his shoulders, gently tucking him closer to his chest before looking at Can.

"This mother hen may be too weak to say it, but the next time you come so late, you're doing extra laps."