The End of the World

"Right, then, Rose Tyler," The Outcast spun around as the blonde ran up to the console. "First adventure! Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time? It's your choice. What's it going to be?"

"Forwards," Rose finally decided.

"How far?"

"One hundred years," she said with a excited grin.

The Time Lady got to work, flipping a few switches and turning some dials, and the Tardis stopped trembling. "There you go. Step outside those doors, its the 22nd century."

"You're kidding," Rose gasped.

"In my opinion, that's a bit boring. How about we go further?"

"Fine by me!"

The Outcast pushed more buttons and pulled levers, the Tardis shaking a bit more violently before settling. "Ten thousand years in the future. That'll make it the year 12005. The new Roman Empire."

"You think you're so impressive," Rose teased, thinking if she did so shell see how far they can actually go.

"Not impressing enough for you?" the Outcast asked, raising her eyebrow at the human.

"You wish."

The woman grinned, running around the console. "Alright, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go. Might want to grab something!"

Rose did exactly that, gripping the console as the ship flew through time and space. When they finally stopped, Rose looked at the doors in excitement and slight fear. "Where are we? she asked. What's out there?"

The Outcast smiled and went over to hold the doors open. "Go on and have a look."

Rose walked out of the doors, and her eyes widened at seeing the gallery that they had landed in. Come on, the Outcast turned her in the direction of a shuttered window, taking out her sonic and opening them, revealing the Earth. "The human race, always wondering about dying, like your going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future, and this is the day the Earth expands." As soon as she said that the sun flared behind the planet. "Welcome to the end of the world, Rose Tyler."

~~~~

"Shuttles five and six now docking. Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation, and religion. Earth Death is scheduled for 15:39 followed by drinks in the Manchester Suit."

"So, when it says guests, does that mean people?" Rose asked after the intercom ended.

"If you mean people as in humans, maybe. If you mean aliens than most definitely." The Outcast looked down at the blonde. "Are you going to be okay?"

"I think so," Rose replied.

"Just so you know, Rose, and this is quite important, you are going to hear English from the other aliens. The Tardis is designed to translate languages in your head for you and whatever you say to them will be in their own language. Its so I dont have to translate for you and makes it easier. Its kind of an automatic thing that I cannot turn on or off. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, thanks for letting me know," Rose replied seeing that this new feature would not harm her in anyway and understanding why the Time Lady could not ask her about it before.

"And if this becomes too overwhelming for you just let me know and we'll leave."

Rose nodded, following the Outcast through a door into a observation gallery. "But aliens? What are they doing onboard this spaceship? What's it all for?"