Chapter 1 - Mark My Words

"Rebecca, come on for goodness sake. I've been waiting ages for you to come downstairs" my friend Kayla moans walking through my bedroom door as I continue to look through my HUGE collection of hats/beanies and Snap-backs.

"Hold up a second Kay, I'm looking for a hat to wear" I hear Kayla scoff, I turn to find her shocked with a slight smile turned on her lips.

"For a hat to wear?! Girl, we are going to the movies" I nod in her direction. Not seeing her point.

"Yeah, So?" She slowly walks towards me, I back up towards my collection of hats, lifting my hands to protect them. She has a small thing for threatening to hurt them.

"We are going to the movies, you don't need to wear a hat for that. No one and I mean no one is going to see the damn thing, now come on- let's go" Kayla knows personally that I can't go anywhere without a hat otherwise I just feel weird and wrong.

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs"

"Jesus girl, alright. Hurry up then- one day I swear your going to be owning a store with all your own, with your collection to show and many more brands to sell! Mark my words Becca" I laugh off her joke as she walks down the stairs to wait for me to eventually join her so we can head off to the movies.

• • • • •

Thinking back to that day, I smile with admiration at my friends sworn words.

It's 8:50 in the morning, I'm looking at my shop "Hatz 4 Headz"

I sigh with a smile on my face, business is good, I've had this shop for about 1 year, coming up for 2 very soon. I rummage through my vans backpack looking for the shop keys only to realise they were in the front pocket with the new leaflet design I created last night.

I quickly scrunch the paper back into my bag pulling out my keys in the process and walk towards the door. Inserting the key and unlocking the shop door, I step inside instantly getting the fresh smell of leather.

I love the new batch of leather Snap-backs, they've kinda became a new public love, which is kinda awesome for my store.

As I close the door behind me, turning the "store now open" sign around to let people know I'm open for business. I turn on the light switches to brighten my store up.

And all at once you can see the different coloured hats, the different designs of beanies and all of the metal buckles from the Snap-backs shining bright against the shop light.

Everyday I walk into this shop and instantly just remember that day that Kayla said-

"Hey boss, or should I say best friend?" I turn with a smile to see my only trusty worthy employee. Kayla.

"Hey, either is fine. Considering I'm both lol" she laughs along with me and skips to the counter taking her converse bag off.

"Hey, what were you thinking. You looked like you were in a day dream when I came in" I smile looking down.

"I was thinking back to that Kay" she smiles, sending a quick wink my way.

"I did say 'Mark My Words' didn't I?" I nodded quickly hugging my best friend.

"You did and I'm so happy you've stuck by me this whole time to be apart of it" she laughs.

"Are you serious? I waited at least 10 mins each time back in the past for you to pick a hat for every day to go out, I wouldn't miss this future life style with you for the world, now go and get yourself into the boss mode for the day" I laugh pushing her away slightly and walk to the back to get ready for the day.

I'm getting feeling it's gonna be a very interesting day today, I just don't understand why.

🙂🙂🙂🙂

Hey guys, this one is going to be different... why? Well, it's going to be Raura with a mix of my own fiction mixed in. I really hope you do like it.

Please give me your thoughts in the comments.