Chapter 2 - There Was A Guy

It's noon and Kayla's managed to sell 15 beanies, she's got a talent for this. Ironically, she only manages to sell beanies. But, I love it still. It's business for my store.

"Becca, get your ass out here" Kayla shouts from the front of the shop. I quickly lock the computer in my office and close the door behind me. As I shove my staff card into my pocket.

"Kay?" I look around the shop and I notice my friend at the front of shop leaning over a medium sized box.

"Becca, we just got a shipment of new snapbacks" I widen my eyes in surprise, I usually get an email when I'm getting a new shipment from any company.

"Does it have a label or anything?" She looks around the box, I can tell on her face the answer is negative BUT her eyes scan over the back of the box where she reaches with her right hand and quickly whips off an envelope.

"Apart from this, nothing at all" I take the envelope from my colleague/friend and read the back off of it.

'South Lock-End' it read. I've never heard of it.

I whip out my pocket knife and slice through the cardboard. I open the lid, and look inside.

"Becca, it's hats. There's nothing to worry about" Kay says whipping out the top layer of new hats.

I look around the shop and wonder where I'm going to put these new hats.

"Kayla, we need to have a staff meeting at lunch. Because I need to re-organise this shop to make these shipment of hats fit into our shop" she looks at me like I'm completely freaking crazy.

"Kayla, come on. Don't look at me like that. It's unfair, you won't need to do any physical work, just a little bit planning" she looks at me still the same until the looks softens.

"Okay, when do we start then?" I laugh loudly from her slightly childish acts but pull her up off the ground only to push her slightly once more and quickly head to the back to get my planning book.

"Kayla, we should think about what we are going to get for lunch" I hear her shout a 'Yup' so I'll take that as my answer.

• • • • •

"Remind me again Becca why we are in the mall for food when there's a perfectly good wee cafe round the corner from the shop" I roll my eyes considering I told her as we left the shop to begin with.

"Like I said before, and I'll repeat once more for you. I think we needed a wee change and I thought going to the mall would be the change" Kayla sighs while rolling her eyes.

I don't see the problem, I really don't.

We find a small restaurant to sit in, we both take a seat and look over the menu.

"See Kayla, the prices are slightly cheaper here" she sighs while continuing to look over it herself.

"Maybe so Becks, but it doesn't mean the food is going to better. Does it?! No" I sigh as there is never a chance of winning an argument with her.

"See anything you like?" I gaze over the menu, waiting for Kayla to decide what she wants I look around the cafe taking in the new scenery.

The café seemed like a semi newly decorated area, the walls were clean and fresh, the wallpaper matched on every single strip. The tables were modern, while having a slight antique look.

"Right Becca, do you know what you want??" I nod putting the menu down, I sigh still looking around.

"Yeah, a turkey sandwich and cup of tea" Kayla nods getting up off her seat to get the food. As I watched her going to order our food I look outside, taking in the other shops around us.

• • • • •

"Are you happy now Becks?" I nod letting the shop door close behind me. I take my jacket off hanging it up in the staff room.

"Of course, but if it makes you happy then we can continue going to our normal shop Kayla" I hear her sigh.

"What's wrong now?" I pop my head outside the back door to find my friend look over a magazine sitting on the counter next to the till.

"Well, when you were looking about- there was a guy who was looking at you!" I jump out from the back, my eyes widen from her words.

"What do you mean?" I ask closing in on her.

"A guy was staring at you while you sat down in the cafe, I think he was checking you out"

I knew my senses were right, something was defiantly going to be different today. I just knew it.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Sorry for these chapters probably not making sense, like I said. This is my first book written fully by my own brain.

I hope you liked this chapter ❤️