Chapter 3 - You'll Know

As the day passes by, the words play in my mind and I can't seem to concentrate. What the hell did Kayla mean by what she said? I'm flicking through the magazine that sits in-front of me in my office, it's the new issue of beanie brands. Shut it.

I can hear chatter from the floor, but I also hear Kayla giggling, there she goes again. Flirting with another customer. I silently chuckle to myself, she's a good friend but she also has her days where she can flirt like no-one else can.

"Okay, thank you for your business. Have a nice day" I walk out from the back to find her waving while the guy walks out with his bag. Kayla is still smiling while twirling a strand of hair around her forefinger.

"Kayla, was that someone special?" She shakes her head, turning the page in her magazine.

"Nope, just a random customer who decided to flirt with me so I flirted back to humor him" I nod, knowing she only flirts when she wants to, not when she wants to humor the person she's flirting with.

"Fair enough, can't believe how hot he was and you didn't act upon it" she shakes her head looking down at her phone.

"I didn't want to act upon it, I got this guys number from a shop a while ago and I've been chatting to him. He's a real cutie" I nod, walking away when reality hit me.

"Hold the fuck up- you live with me Kayla...well- live down the corridor from me. How did I not know you've been messaging some guy?" She shakes her head, unknowingly that I am going to get some information-details-gossip from her about this.

"I'm not sure, considering I've only just told you, you usually have to ask about this kind of stuff to find out the news and you never knew to ask" I shake my head in shame of my longtime friend not telling me some juicy gossip about her new man. 

"Well, care to share some details?" She looks at me with guilty eyes, she knows she's in trouble, but I am also smirking slightly because I am taking the utter piss out of her and I know she hates it when I do that. It's easy, but I am to some extent feeling a little bad about it.

"How about later? I'd rather not share my personal life in work, as much as I love to talk to you about this kind of stuff, later please Becca?" I nod, understanding her request. It's not exactly something she'd want the public to know about, I wouldn't like it if it happened to me.

--------------------

As the day goes on, I see Kayla constantly looking at her phone and she's gently biting her nails, holy shit! She's nervous about something and it must be important.

"Kayla, do you want to close up the shop for the day?" She's about to answer me until she looks at the front of the shop, I watch as her eyes nearly pop out her head, her mouth opens slightly and she's shocked by the appearance.

"Becca Becca Becca, I think I have just found your future husband" I gasp in her direction, she knows never to make that kind of assumption about anyone unless she's 100% sure about the person like she's learned everything about them and you know, has approved.

I turn my attention to the door, to find a tall, slim and shy looking human being. He's not even looking in my direction and I can already tell he's a really good-looking guy. I can feel my eyes burning a hole into this guy's soul just by looking at him for so long. He's looking around the beanie section of our shop and is carefully gazing over the sluggish designs. I am really wanting to go up and talk to this guy, but I am actually feeling too nervous. I turn away because I can now feel my cheeks burning.

Kayla smiles.

"Excuse me, ladies, can I ask 1 question?" I don't say anything, but simply keep attention on the book I have come across under the counter, I hear Kayla sigh slightly and answer for the both of us.

"You sure can, what can we BOTH help you with?" I smile slightly from the emphasis on the word 'Both'.

"Can I ask, did a guy come in here about 10 minutes ago and start...um, flirting with one of you ladies?" that catches my attention because Kayla was chatting to him.

"Yes, I was chatting to that man you speak off. Why do you ask?" I hear him sigh and he leans against the counter for a second.

"Please forgive me for what I am about to say, but that's my brother... he's married and is already a dad with another one on the way" I drop my magazine, but quickly pick it up from the ground. I look up to find Kayla looking at the boy in front of us. I look at the boy to find him staring at me.

His eyes are staring right into mines, I can't seem to tear my attention away from his own. 

"Well, um...hi" He seems dead nervous, I smile gently and push a strand of hair behind my ear, stupidly forgetting I have a snapback on, so of course. I get my finger caught between my hair and the freaking hat.

"Hi..." He smiles before grabbing a pen from the counter and asking Kayla for a slice of paper, she happily obliges. I watch him as he leans over slightly and writes something down, he clicks the pen shut and pushes the paper in my direction, he smiles widely at me before nodding in Kayla's direction.

"You'll know," he says and quickly walks out the store, I look in Kayla's direction. She's smiling like a treasured cat.

"Mark my words" Oh fuck...

____________________

Hey guys.... sorry for the really long wait, I've hardly any inspiration. I've recently got this new application 'Grammarly' and it's meant to be helping me with my spelling and how I should word some sentences more.... I think it helped me with this update. Let me know if this chapter made sense to you's? Thank you <3 xxxxx