𝐢𝐢. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐬, 𝐛𝐫𝐨 [ FLASHBACK ]

𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐒, 𝐁𝐑𝐎
flashback

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓 —𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐗 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐗, 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐗, 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐓𝐙𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐃 sat in the back corner of her world literature as normal. She rested her feet on the legs of the chair in front of her as she leaned back into her plastic seat comfortably. She held Jane Eyre between her hands, thumbing the pages as the class waited for their teacher, Ms. McGuigan, to show up.

Although, this morning when Ms. McGuigan showed up, she wasn't alone. She stood up front with a guy that was unfamiliar to everyone in the room. He was around their age, with curly brown hair and an odd quirk of his lips as if he was hiding something. He fiddled with the straps of his backpack anxiously as Ms. McGuigan introduced him as Robert Evans, a new student and told him to sit in the seat next to her.

Haley felt her brows furrow as she watched Robert walk down the aisle and sit beside Haley. He set his backpack on the floor and dug out a clean copy of Jane Eyre so that he could listen in as if he had been there all year. But it was November. Final exams were coming up, students were winding down and the Bronx School of Science did not get new students in the middle of the year. Especially not in their senior year.

Haley sighed, brushing her hair out of her face and back into a ponytail as she pushed herself up just so she could slump over her book and analyze the text as their teacher asked them questions. She even picked on Robert a few times because he was new. Oddly enough, it seemed like he had read the book before, but hadn't really focused on the meaning behind the words. He had a rough idea but didn't pick up on the Victorian critique of socialism and their ideals of women.

As Robert tried to scramble for something that sounded halfway decent, Haley coughed him the answer. He repeated what she said, and when he finished gave her a small smile, thankfully.

At the end of class, as always, Ms. McGuigan played the scenes of Jane Eyre on the projector so that her students could see the translation from the text to the screen.

While the screen got to a louder moment, Haley leaned over to Robert and raised an eyebrow at him.

"So, dude, what's your deal?" Haley asked, watching the screen but her eyes flickered over to Robert every couple seconds. "Why are you at our school? This is a science school, you can't just enroll, you have to come from the beginning," she explained.

Robert looked nervous at her question, but answered her with a question, "Do you want to know my secret?"

"What?" she asked, hesitantly.

His voice changed into an English accent and Haley felt uncomfortable from the moment he started talking to the second he finished. "I'm actually Spider-Man."

Haley felt a smile cross her face as he told her that, realizing that Rovert wasn't gonna give up on his secret so easily.

"You're nuts, bro. You are literally the craziest guy I've ever met in my life," she laughed, sitting back into her seat and finished watching the movie for class.

author's note i really like this chapter, i did a little research on the bronx school of science to see what classes they could possibly take together. they had a whole thing on what classes are taken for each year so legitimately this is a senior class (there's even a teacher named mcguigan). wow, i sound like a stalker. anyway, i hope you guys liked this little flashback sequence, and please comment and vote, i always love to see y'all's thoughts. (ugh when you sound country but don't want to be.)

thanks so much for reading and i'll see y'all later, BYE! 🖐🏻

96hllnd © 2018 - 2019
& marvel