Chapter 1

As a kid my dad and his family would vacation at the Palmilla.  The Palmilla was the place to go if you lived in the Midwest. You can hardly believe that a place so beautiful exists in Indiana.  The Palmilla started out as the family home of the Palmillas. The grandson, Alexander, turned it into what it is today. The house was torn down and a grand hotel was built in its place with all the bells and whistles.  Many marriages have taken place in the ballroom. For guests that wanted privacy away from others twenty cabins were built throughout the spacious wooded acreage. Staff house was situated even further away from paying guests.  The Hotel is open year round while the cabins are only available in the summer, many families staying all summer long. The Palmilla offers everything from four star meals to quality entertainment. Guests never had to step foot off the property during their stay if they chose not to.  

Once my dad married my mom and became a doctor he stopped going to the Palmilla every year.  His medical practice took most of his time and he didn't like to take many weeks off in a row.  This year is special. My parents are celebrating thirty years of marriage and their only son's (me) graduation from high school.  Before I go off to college in the fall they want us to spend one more summer together. Even my sister Laila who lived in New York now is meeting us there.

"Are we there yet?" I wonder as we wind our way around a curvy road.

"Almost.  Should be arriving in the next fifteen minutes," my mom says looking at the GPS.  "It's going to be wonderful having both my babies under the same roof for three weeks."

"Laila wasn't happy about this trip.  She had planned on traveling to Paris with some friends."  My sister is a budding fashion designer always chasing after the latest trend.

"Paris will still be there next year.  You, Baby, only graduate from high school once," my dad says.

"Dad!  I'm not five anymore.  Can you try calling me by my birth name?  You act like you didn't name me," I whine.  No eighteen year old boy wants to be called Baby by their parents.  I'm not sure if it's even tolerable by a lover.

"Just humor your father, Baby.  You know he isn't going to change," my mom says.

"What is your excuse?" I grumble.

"You are always going to be my baby, Baby."

Groaning I slump back into the seat to wait out the rest of the drive.

Turning off the road we have been traveling on my dad announces we have arrived.  I roll down the window so I can see the place better. The online pictures didn't do it justice.  The hotel itself is massive and the stone work is gorgeous. I can't imagine a family home ever used to sit in its place.  

"Amazing, right," my dad says as we get out of the car.

"Breathtaking," my mom agrees in awe.

"Doc! Maddy!  I'm so glad you guys could make it."  An elderly man in a nice suit gives my dad a hug before kissing my mom on the cheek.

"Alexander you remember our son, Baby.  Laila should be arriving soon."

"Baby, it is good to see you.  Your father is the reason I'm standing here today.  He saved my life," he says heartily. My dad has been the Palmilla's family physician for many years.  Two years ago my dad had caught Mr. Palmilla's cancer in the early stages. He is in remission now.

"It's good to see you too, Mr. Palmilla," I say shaking his hand.  I don't bother correcting him on my name. I don't think anyone remembers my real name anyway since my parents never use it.

"Bobby help the Handler's with their luggage.  I have you staying in our Greenwood cabin. Dancing will be starting in ten minutes in the gazebo.  You come to me if you need anything."

As he walks off with my parents I stay back to help Bobby with the luggage.

"Thanks," Bobby says as we place the last of the luggage on the roll cart he has.

"No problem.  I feel bad for you when my sister gets here," I say laughing.

"That bad, huh."

I nod, it's going to be bad.

A half hour later Laila arrives in all her fashionable glory loaded down with eight suitcases.  

"Did you drive just to be able to bring all this shit?" I ask as I drag in the last suitcase.

"Baby, we are going to be here for three weeks.  I wanted to bring more but I ran out of room," Laila moans.

"One of these is probably filled just with shoes."

"Every outfit deserves a killer pair of shoes, Baby.  I hardly think you would understand," she says looking me up and down in disdain.

I look down to see what I am wearing and grin.  "What? Not a fan of my t-shirt?"

"You really give gay men a bad name.  The sloppy gamer look died years ago."

I shush her with my hand looking around for our parents.

"Geez, Baby.  You haven't told our parents yet!  What are you waiting for?"

"I'm waiting for the right time," I mutter.  I'm not sure why I've waited to tell them. It's not like they aren't tolerant people, but since I've never had a boyfriend I haven't had to step out of my cozy closet. "It's called comfort, La.  I'll stick with my tees and ripped jeans and you can stick to your crazy ass heels," I say changing the subject back to clothes.

"They are having a dance class in the gazebo.  Let's go do that before having lunch," my mom suggests.

As my sister and I both gear up to give excuses my mom takes me by the arm and my dad strong holds my sister.  I didn't think that would work anyway.

************************************

A/N

Dirty Dancing is one of my all time fave movies.  I hope you enjoy my boys love version of it.  I had a lot of fun writing it.  Happy Reading my lovelies!