1x02 Part 2✔️

"It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long"

Amnesia, 5 Seconds of Summer

*****

The conversation about the wristband continues while Ash and John stop and pale, frozen in place.

"The only way the Ark is going to think I'm dead, is if I'm dead, got it?" Ash barely registers Clarke's angered voice.

"Brave princess."

"Hey, why don't you come up with your own name?" Ash recognizes Finn's voice, coming out through the trees despite not being a part of the original rescue party.

As their conversation ends, the attention turns to the two people in the group who hadn't spoken a word and are still frozen in place.

"John...?" Ash whispers, finally finding her voice.

The walls on her best friends face crumble right in front of her, tension disappearing from his shoulders as he smiles the same way he had before she was arrested. "Ashile."

At the nickname Ash didn't even know she needed to hear but she did, she runs straight into his arms and laughs. "The hell? You got arrested?"

Arms wrap around her, his warm chuckle tickling her ear. "Long story, I'll tell you later. Forget me, you should be dead. Why aren't you?"

Ash steps back and shrugs, "I honestly haven't the clue."

A new voice enters the conversation, confusion clear as day in the voice. "Wait...you two know each other?"

Ash grins at Bellamy, the voice, "Yeah, this asshole over here was my best friend back on the Ark before I got arrested."

An emotion flashes in Bellamy's eyes, gone before Ash can detect what it is as she smiles up at John again in glee. "Yeah, whatever." He mumbles before walking into the direction Wells, Clarke, and Finn went.

Ash's eyebrows furrow at his abrupt departure, "What was that about?"

John's jaw clenches, seeing or knowing something doesn't. "Nothing, forget it."

"Okay..." She responds suspiciously, narrowing her eyes before letting it drop. "So you must know why I'm down here, it probably was all over everything that the prodigy mechanic got arrested, but I don't know why you're here. So, spill." Ash commands him as they begin to walk again.

"I got sick a couple months after you got arrested, not getting sleep and not eating caught up with me I guess." John begins his story with a frown. "I wasn't going to get better without medicine, so my dad stole some. He got caught, floated, and I got better."

Ash gasps in sorrow, "No...Papa Murphy. I'm so sorry, John."

He nods in thanks, "My mom didn't take his death too well, starting drinking her sorrows away. The last thing she said to me in her own pit of vomit before dying was that I killed my dad."

His lip wobbles slightly, betraying his blank mask. "The guard that took her dead body was the same guard that arrested my dad, and I guess I just snapped." He explains. "The night after her body was let out into space, I went to his quarters and started a fire. I'm not sure what I was trying to accomplish, but it got me down here to you," He bumps her shoulder with his. "So I guess it was worth it."