Chapter One

U N E D I T E D

"There is no way I'm letting you drive, Spence!" 

I shouted, absolutely furious at his antics once more. I held the keys up to his face, jangling them obnoxiously. "You idiot. You know what, you can drive if you can get them."

It was going to be a challenge, surely. Just looking at the way his eyes glazed over and his brows raised accepting the challenge. His hand shot out to snatch the keys from my grasp but his hand missed and cut through the air several inches away from my actual hand. 

Spencer gasped, "You dirty cheater." But he slurred, and all the words joined to form an incoherent mumble.

If I wasn't so angry at him when he was drunk, I would've found myself recording this to show him in the morning but my phone storage was becoming dangerously over filled from all the other nights, I'll save it for when he throws up on Aubrey again. 

Probably seeing how angry I had become at Spence, I was gently pulled away from him, by Henry throwing me a knowing look. I sighed. Rubbing at my forehead, I hoped the stress lines weren't appearing already, too young for that shit.

Blue lights in the distance made our movements stunt to a stop. 

They ricocheted through the streets, illuminating to the reflections in the windows. I held my breath until my lungs began to hurt. Surely no one had tipped them off. Everyone minded their own business here. But before we knew it the blue lights had turned down our street, and a police car was making a direct line towards our underage, drunken selves.

Henry was the first to move. Shoving Spence in the back of my car, I wasted no time either and slid into the driver's seat, just as dozens of other underage teenagers came bounding out of the house, through the front door,  windows and even some on the roof.

"What are you staring at!" I was immediately shocked out of my state, starting the car without a flinch of hesitation. I pulled away briskly. I had only seen Henry this panicked once. I knew why he would be so panicked in these circumstances when his reputation stood so pure and untouchable within our town. 

You see, Henry's family was exceedingly rich, and therefore important within our town's political circle, both his parents were on the council and next term his father was campaigning for Major. So I could understand his alarm when the police got involved. I'm sure that it would hit the papers if we were caught. Seeing that if his father couldn't even keep his son in check, how could he be able to keep a whole town in good shape. I could see the headlines shouting at me as we drove past. 

"Who has blue Christmas lights this time of year?" Spencer decided to bless us with his smart-ass drunken commentary. The blue lights of the police were now fading into the distance. I rolled my eyes and stomped down on the accelerate, I couldn't deal with this, or him right now. It was sparking anger and memories I didn't want to bring up. Not with his drunken self. 

I had to remind myself that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing at the party. And only momentarily did that calm me down. "Shut up. Spencer. It's February."

He groaned and laid his head on the backseat, "Why the full name?" 

I looked in the rear-view mirror, "Do you not have a fucking seat belt on?" I snapped. "Henry he doesn't have his seat belt on. Spencer I have been drinking tonight and I will be damned if I accidentally kill you because I need you to be alive tomorrow so I can actually enjoy killing you. Do you understand me?" 

He groaned and lifted his head up. "I need help." 

"We both know you need help, Spencer." My grip on the steering wheel tightened.