Chapter Three

U N E D I T E D 

I was getting sick of this. 

My patience had run its course and for a split moment, which doesn't happen often I can assure you, I snapped. 

So, I threw the girl into the lockers behind her and, sure as hell, she didn't see it coming. I quickly gained the attention of Henry, as he came up behind me, trying to pry my grip off her. I was past the point of caring.

"Why are you staring?" I spat, "Stop fucking staring." I may have used more force than necessary, but I felt no regret, even when she started to cry. "It's so damn rude to stare!"

"Harlow leave her alone!" Henry pulled at my closed fist, which was tight around the ignorant and invasive rude girl's shirt. "You're making a scene. Just breathe." 

The girl was pathetic. "I-I wasn't s-staring." She whimpered, closing her eyes like she could sense I wanted to hit her. And I really did want to. 

A crowd had formed by now, all watching in anticipation for the next big fight. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Yet my anger was only growing thicker the more the girl spluttered and squealed. Truly pathetic. 

The massive bandage on my head would be the death of my reputation. Yet Henry had insisted I see a doctor. Once his mother had stormed out her house last night to give me another lengthy lecture on my toxic influence on her son, she realised I was hurt and wouldn't let me leave the house until she got a doctor to check me over. 

I suppose that was her own personal torture for me, and boy did she had this smug look, the entire time. Probably knowing how stupid I would look. 

For the whole day, people were whispering. This whole school was hell-bent on rumours. And I was sick of all the judgement, the looks, and especially the staring. Maybe I was taking it all out on her, but it was the wrong time and the wrong place. Wasn't my fault she looked at the wrong time.

I got up and close to her face, seething with anger. I suppose it was my Achilles' heel. "Don't lie to me. And don't even look in my general direction again or so help me God, will I shove my hand-" 

Henry wasn't strong enough to pull me away, I'm sure he knew that. It took Spencer to lurch me off the girl himself. Sending her scrambling away. 

I grit my teeth together, locking my jaw in place. "Calm down, Har." He laughed, it was all very amusing to him. 

"Don't tell me to calm down." I shrugged out of his grip and reluctantly he let me go, knowing I wouldn't pursue that useless girl. The time had passed and I should've just punched her in the first place. 

The crowd was still there, just waiting for another explosion from me. And surely staring at the ridiculous bandage on my head. I was still blazing with anger. 

"Stop fucking staring!" I hissed. They dispersed quickly with Henry encouraging them to bustle away.

Aubrey caught up with us, once everything had settled. Walking close next to me, which was quite odd seeing as she usually spent every waking moment trying to get closer to Spence. We made our way to the usual spot outside the school. 

It was the quietest place in this hellhole, where Henry could get on with some homework or whatever, I could freely smoke and Spencer usually just talked to Aubrey the whole time. But it wasn't like that today. 

There was an awkwardness in the air, neither Spence nor Aubrey even acknowledged each other, and without Henry, I swear I would've snapped again. He kept us all busy, trying to make idle chit-chat.