Chapter 22

"Emmy!,Emmy! wake up! wake up!"I started to stir awake,feeling someone bouncing up and down my bed,the tiny voice making it's way to my eardrum. I groaned,grumbling to leave me alone.

"Mommy is Emmy still sick?"recognizing the voice I opened my eyes,flinching as light struck my sight.I rolled over......*thud*oooppss wrong move,now I remembered I fall asleep on the couch.

"Ouch!"I murmured as I carried myself back to the couch where I sit lazily.

"Coffee?"Aunt Ingrid offered me.

"Thanks and sorry for sleeping on the couch"Peter sits beside me staring curiously at my hair then all of a sudden he giggled.I looked at Aunt Ingrid and she pointed on my hair.

"What is wrong..."I run my fingers through my hair then I felt something clinging on my hair......popcorn!Damn it.

"TSshhh,no cursing Emma"Aunt scolded me.

"Right sorry again"pursing my lips.

"Mom does that mean that I can pway with Emmy today?"Peter ask with a wide grin on his face.

"Aunt Emma has work honey,you can play some other time"Peter frowned.

"No,it's alright I've got nothing to do for the rest of the week"Aunt Ingrid look suspicious.Shoot! maybe I shouldn't have tell her I have free time.

"Pete why don't you play there while I talk to your Aunt"

"Is Emmy in trouble?"smart kid.

"No Pete,your momma and I are going to chat about you and me going camping"I saw his eyes lighten up,he starting jumping."yey,yey,yey"

"So okay you go there and play while me and your momma talk"he excitedly run away with his toy airplane.

My heart is pounding so hard,what would I say to her if she ask me about the...I can feel a sense of de ja vu.

"Is it true you that you're free for the rest of the week?"I nodded.

"Did your boss..."I didn't let her finish I panic.

"NotrustmeAuntithasnothingtodowithitshesaidI'vedonemypartandallowedmetotakeabreakandshe'llcallmeifsheneedsme"I said without taking a single breath.

She chuckled"You didn't let me finish dear,but okay, I'm glad now I don't have to look for someone to take care of Pete for the next days"I was surprise.

"Woah,woah,woah wait you're not going to ask about the...the hickey?"I said mumbling the last part.She laughed at me.

"Oh Emma dear,ofcourse not,you're a grown woman what you do is your business I was just teasing you the other day but if you want to share I'm all ears"I blushed hard."Aunt Ingrid!"I whine and she laughed again.

"All settled then,I'll go upstairs and pack my things,Peter! be good to your Aunt Emmy while I'm away okay"I just sit there staring on the wall.

"W-w-wwait,wait away? What?When?Where?I didn't say yes!did I?"I wanted to protest but Aunt Ingrid had gone upstairs leaving me with an overjoyed hyperactive kid.I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

"Emmy when will we go camping??"he asks cheerfully.

"Tomorrow...if you will behave"I said pointing the tip of his nose.I was rewarded with a big nod.

"You hear Peter be a good boy...Emma I already list down reminders for Pete it's on my study table "wow she's so ready to go"I see my Aunt descending the stairs with her luggage.

"Is it another business trip?"

"No it's just a two day conference at Medford,I have to go,Peter remember what I told you okay, behave"then she said to me"Em I'll be calling from time to time make sure your phone is with you all the time,love you both take care"she kisses our cheeks.