An Alternate Way To Fly

[Okay so this is slightly canon divergent. Consists after season 3- everything in that season happened to do with Kara, the future and Imra but what's different is Cat's now back at Catco, Alex never broke up with Maggie and Mon-El's still got some of his older charm.]

------------------

"Ooooo they have tv!" Pushing a handful of buttons, flicking through various channels- the buzz of the engine ruffled any sense of calm and patience Kara had left... stilling his hand in irritation she huffed "Mon-El!"

Glancing up, her husband looked on and winced at the throb that had suddenly jolted through his forearm, it was only then she realised how much strength she was using- eyes widening Kara pulled back abruptly "I'm sorry"

The Daxamite chuckled shaking his head between flexing his fingers, deciding to manoeuvre his palm so it laced over the Kryptonian now that hers lay against the armrest- rubbing his thumb over her skin lightly "Don't be... its okay to be nervous"

Rigid tense "I'm no-" the words died on her lips as the plane started to shake climbing into a diagonal position to take off. Growling, her shoulders were taut- eyes clenched shut deciding to count every single breath she took, mumbling quietly to herself in Kryptonian to soothe her in-flight jitters.

Thankfully Kara was able to zone in on the sensation of her husbands fingers as she exhaled deeply relishing in the sound of his rumbling voice as he hummed an ancient Kryptonian melody to help calm her down, she finally started to relax whispering "I don't know why we couldn't have just flown... by other means."

His lips quirked upwards and he looked on lovingly. Knowing that she was only relaying a previous conversation as a way to disperse her current irritation at feeling so vulnerable.

Turning their heads towards each other- charmingly blue orbs peeked up at him whilst he responded "You've always mentioned to me about wanting the full wedding experience... this is the full human experience and Miss Grant was kind enough to pay for it- it would have been rude to turn her down."

Nodding her posture slackened "I know, I know. I suppose it just reminds me of being trapped, it makes me feel like I'm twelve again."

At that Mon-El frowned his grip tightening as he moved delicately towards her- leaning to place a chaste kiss on her cheek, breath lingering "You'll never be trapped with me, as long as I'm here I'll always keep you safe."

Using her free hand she sweetly caressed his jaw scratching at his beard and gazing adoringly "I love you."

"I love you too."

Nipping at each other they eventually settled back into position and Mon-El did everything possible to distract her by making her laugh or by asking insane questions "Why can't penguins fly... I thought they were birds too?"

-???-

"I've been on Earth for many many years now and I still don't understand why people use the name for curdled milk to help them smile when taking a photograph."

-???-

And the best one of all "Why do humans always assume that all aliens are green with rounded heads... is that J'onns doing?"

**

Hours later and they were both too enraptured with Finding Nemo to continue being nervous.

Absorbed Kara stated matter of factly "That turtle is so you."

Quipping "So you've said dory"

"Hey!!"

**