Chapter Two

•••
- 2 months ago -

"No ! Why ? Gemma !" Harry whined. He was sat criss-cross on his bed and was upset by what he had just been told.

"What makes you think that is an ok thing to do ?" He asked, scrunching his face up in disgust. Gemma chuckled lightly.

"Come on haz, you were never going to do it on your own. You said to me literally last week that you wanted to go on the show !" She argued.

Gemma had entered her brother into the X Factor competition, claiming he has talent and has potential to go far in life.

"Gem, that was a joke." Harry said sadly, lip almost quivering. As if he, Harry Styles, a baker living in Holmes Chapel, would ever go on tv willingly.

Especially not a show that would be seen by hundreds of thousands of people ! If he messed up, they would post it on the internet and he would never hear the end of it.

"Harry, it's fine. I guarantee that you will be fine." She said with a confident smile, pulling Harry in for a cuddle.

"Ok." Harry whispered. Maybe he could give this a go.

- The Present -

Louis' POV

"Okay, first one please." Simon called to the crew backstage, Keith gave him a thumbs up and within a minute or two, a girl who looked around 20 walked onto the stage.

It was finally time to be back on the judging panel and it felt great. I want the boys again this year, since it was so much fun mentoring them last time. But, I get what I'm given.

We all smiled at the girl who looked a little timid, which I can understand. I mean, that's how The Rogue started, right here on this show. I miss performing with the boys but I felt more mature having to sort of fend for myself now.

"What's your name darling ?" Robbie asked into his mic. "My name's Eva Mohan and I'm from Manchester." She replied, looking around the crowd.

"Right, welcome to the show Eva. And how old are you ?" Robbie asked her, leaning forward on the desk.

"I turned 21 last weekend." She said, eliciting some cheers and claps from the crowd. "Alright, blow us away." Robbie finished, leaning back.

She had a mediocre voice, with some training she could be pretty good, that's what I told her. Simon said he got bored half-way through and Robbie and Ayda both agreed that she was decent. She recieved three yes' and one no ( From Simon obviously. )

I always try and be nice to the contestants because I have been where they are now. Knowing you could make or break your career, getting your wishes granted or get your dreams crushed. The music buisness was a harsh one, but for me there is no better job. Eleanor begs to differ.

She has told me numerous times that someday soon, my buisness will fail so I need to find a backup job soon or else she will break up with me. However, that hasn't happened. The worst thing is, I am not too sure how I'd feel if we broke up. Satisfied or lonely, One of the two.

We heard roughly 30 auditions that night, only the really good, really funny or really bad ones making it onto the final cuts of the show.

Nobody really amazed me that night, a few people had amazing vocals but I wouldn't say they left me needing more.

We got off of our leather chairs and made our way out of the building. As we walked through the rooms back stage, I huffed. "Stressful night." I said to Ayda. She nodded in agreement and I could faintly hear Simon and Robbie both claiming they wanted the groups this year. I chuckled at their childish bickering, but didn't get involved knowing that I'm a child at heart so I really cannot judge. Well, I can't judge another judge if that makes any sense.