Chapter Twelve

•••
Louis' POV

"Louis, I'm leaving the country." Harry spoke in almost a whisper. "W-why ?" I shakily said.

"You don't like me anymore." He said, slowly fading away into the dark surroundings and cold air behind him. "No !" I shrieked, but I was too late, he was already gone.

I jolted awake, panting and sweating, trying to get oxygen to my head so I could think for minute. "H-haz." I breathed, crying.

I couldn't believe myself. How could I be so stupid ? Harry Styles was perfect. He taught me how to embrace my sexuality, showed me I can be tougher than I thought, he was my first kiss with a guy and a great one at that, held me like nobody else could and here I was, treating him like dog shit.

I got out of bed and pulled on my jogging bottoms and a grey jumper, not really even caring if they matched.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket and looking at the time, I got out of the house and into my car.

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered. What happened to Harry ? I haven't even gotten a text from him in almost a week.

I got to the house I knew as Harry's and knocked on the door.

I didn't know what, or, who I was expecting to answer that door. Harry ? Not really. I haven't heard from him in a while, he could have left the country for all I know. His car wasn't even in the driveway.

The door opened slowly and quietly, the light from the hallway illuminating both of our faces.

It was Harry !

"Hel-lou ?" He asked. His voice started of sleepy and sort of dazed but when he realised it was me he seemed alarmed.

"Erm... hey, Haz." I started. Harry's expression didn't change. He still looked a little anxious. Scared, maybe ?

"Louis, you can't be here. Go home."  He said, looking over his shoulder and then back at me.

"Harry-"

"Please." He said, eyes shining green even in the dark of the night.

That's when I broke.

I burst into tears and practically threw myself on to Harry, sobbing and hiccuping into his shoulder.

"Louis, what's wrong ?" He asked, more scared than he was before. This only made me cry more. Evwn after the way I was with him he still wanted to make me feel ok.

"I-I'm so s-sorry f-frog-gie." I pathetically said into his shoulder. I could hear my cries rack through his seemingly empty house.

"Aw, shh, lou. It's ok love, calm down. Breathe." He said, rubbing my back.

I felt annoying. It was the middle of the night, when the wolves come out, and here I was, trying to apologise for a mess that I had made.

I followed Harry's advice to keep breathing. It helped, of course it did. Harry was always right, I've learned.

He held me for another few minutes, letting me cry it out on him. I was so lucky to have Harry. I don't think Eleanor would be like this.

"I forgive you, ok ? I understand why you said that." He said as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"W-where did you g-go ? I haven't heard f-from you in ages. I thought you l-left the country." I said.

The weird thing was, I smiled at the end of that last sentence. Harry was here. He was with me. He was home.

"I was trying to give you space. I know I'm out of the contest now but-"

"I saved you a seat." I said quickly. Harry pulled away from our hug and clutched my arms like stairway railings.