Chapter-Three

Chapter - Three - First Play Date

After two weeks...

I got ready to go into papa's car in the school's parking lot, a very loud and very excited Sally shouting and running across the parking lot with a very excited smile on her face stopped me though, her backpack jumping around her and I was wondering how she was able to run across with such a heavyweight trailing behind her.

"Bethany!" She yells loudly, my ears ringing at the increasingly loud voice and making me want to scratch my eardrums out and wanting to slam her across the head.

"OW! Sally, you know my eaws awe sensitive!" I mutter with a very pained voice, my hands rubbing my ears in a way to ease the ringing that was leaving me quite disoriented and slightly dizzy.

"Sorry, Beth," She gives me an apologetic smile and hugs me, her hold on me making me gasp for the breath that was knocked out of me, thankfully it was short and she pulled away a few seconds later, "I didn't mean it, I was just a little excited,"

"It's okay," I give her hand a squeeze with a small smile, "I forgive you, want to meet papa?" I offer with another smile. She nodded.

I and Sally had become really close over the span of the last two weeks, and we spend the lunch break together, when we were at school we were stuck at the hip and no one could separate us unless, of course, one of us needed to use the bathroom, but other than that, we almost acted like long lost sisters, sharing food, drinks and anything that you can think of, sometimes when she had something for lunch that she didn't want or didn't like we'd swap lunches, the same applied to me.

"Papa!" I call out softly, my hand still in hers as I turned to the place that I felt my father's presence coming from, a warm smile covering my face as I gave Sally a small squeeze.

"Ye-oh, who's this Beth?" He asked with a kind smile, his eyes crinkling at the corner as he gave our hands a curious glance before turning his gaze to mine, his eyes briefly taking in with obvious curiosity and a bit of worry.

"This is my best friend Sally, Papa, She's the one that I told you so much about during dinner," I turn to Sally and give her a wide smile, "Sally, this is papa,"

"Hello, Sally. Nice to meet you, how is it going? Where's your mommy?" He asked kneeling in front of her, as he looked around to search for her mother, his eyes looking around with a suspiciously knowing glint on his face, making me furrow my eyebrows in thought.

He seemed like he already knew her mother.

"Nice to finally meet you too. I wanted to ask, can Beth come to my house later today?" She bowed her head and asked in a soft voice causing me to eye her with confusion, Sally didn't use a soft voice, at all.

"Sure thing Sally, but I need the address from mommy, did she come yet?" He replies back smiling. 

"Yes! She did, I'll show you where she is." She takes his hand and starts leading him somewhere, leaving me alone by the car with a pout adorning my soft features as I leaned against the car with my arms crossed over my chest.

A few minutes later, my father comes back with a piece of paper in his hand, and when I see him I turn around, waiting for him to buckle me in.

I was mad at him.

"What's wrong, Beth?" He asks, turning me around to face him kneeling down in front of me, his eyes subtly taking in my form to check for any injuries, his eyes leaking with relief as he gives me a curious look.