Chapter-Seventeen

Chapter - Seventeen - Heat

Bethany POV...

I look up at the instructor just as he calls attention back to himself, "That was one hell of a performance, who agrees?" He asks the crowd and they burst into cheers making a smile light up my face almost immediately.

"What are you're new ideas for this year's camp? We have the stage all to ourselves this year and no other camps are around!" He exclaims and practically everyone raises their hand, trying to make their arms extend more so they can stand out more.

"How about we have a fashion show?" A girl by the name of Gloria squeals and claps her hand, every girl around agrees and nods in support when the instructor asked again to confirm the activity every girl in the crowd nodded.

Another girl named Diana raises her arms and Conan gesture for her to speak, "We can have a masquerade party." Again every other girl nods her head in agreement even though we have a ball and a dance prepared every girl still wanted another chance at showing off her wardrobe to every person in the room without being seen as overdressed.

I sigh in irritation as they add the masquerade to the activities and raise my hand up in the air to suggest something that is actually related to camp.

Conan pointed towards me and I cleared my throat, "How about we build a 'main house'? And declare this place as the camp area every year? We can make it as a group project, the seniors that are Maths experts would work on the look of the building and we can gather supplies from the woods and make handmade furniture to decorate it. It would be a great way to work together as a team." 

I look around and notice every other boy and a few girls nodding along with me and smile as it gets added to the activities list.

Sally is next to raise her arm and the instructor asks her to say her idea, "How about we add another song to the singlist? The Princess and her mate get to choose a friend of their's to sing a duet together and both are ranked and the winner gets a prize." The instructor bonders over the thought and he takes the majority of opinions. Most agree to it and I shoot a death glare in Sally's direction. She smiles sheepishly and points to herself.

I wasn't mad at her, I was mad at the idea because I wanted to spend some days relaxing with my mate and when she adds another song to the list, it means that I'll have less time with Jack and getting to know him before the weight of the crown gets thrown onto our shoulders, but apparently, no one noticed my misery and I knew that just because Sally had reminded them, they were most likely going to make me do another song either alone or with Jack.

I get called up to the stage and Sally keeps pointing to herself, wanting me to choose her and although, I was a little annoyed at her insensitivity, I wasn't planning to choose another person just to spite her.

"Who will you choose, Your Highness?" Conan asks with a beaming smile on his face, obviously happy with the outcome of this get-together and that everyone was willing to cooperate.

"Sally Urban," I say and she jumps up from her place on the grass and runs to the stage, jumping up instead of using the stairs like a normal person.

"And you, Alpha?" He turns towards Jack and he smiles a breathtaking smile towards a female in the crowd that somewhat resembled him in the crowd, she was probably his sister. At least I hope so.

"Genevieve Huntsman," He says and the girl goes up the stage a little more civilized than Sally. She stands next to me and I smile warmly at her as I sense her nerves. 

Her name confirmed her identity as Jack's relative which was a relief to me because I can never compare to her in looks and if Jack was never related to her and he had to choose between us then I was sure he would pick her.