3

Cayde's pov-

Taya and I were in my ship heading our way to mars. I was looking at my book more while Taya was just eating chips. I looked up and noticed we were just about to land. "Taya look." Taya stopped eating and stretched. "Man finally. It's been ten years..." I face-palmed and mumbled. "It's only been a few hours.." Taya looked at me strangely and glared. "Well it felt like fucking years, mate." I rolled my eyes and as we landed I got up and grabbed everything I needed in order to find the information I need.

No one pov-

Taya just started shaking and looking to the side and Cayde noticed that she was acting weird. "Um.. Taya you good?" She started to sweat and laughed nervously. "Yea I'm fine. You go on ahead!" Cayde obviously didn't believe it so he just sat down without saying anything. Taya was confused by his actions while wincing and glared. "What are you doing?" Cayde sighed and looked towards her direction. "I'm waiting for you to come with me." She smiled nervously and tried to convince to him to go ahead without her but he didn't have it. "Just go!"
"Why do you insist on me leaving before you?"
"Reasons!"
"Come with me and we'll go"
"No!"
"Why!?"
"..."
"Well!?"
"I have a cramp.. I ate too much chips and I'm sorta .. uh.."
"Well??"
"Let's just say it's that time of the month."
"..."
"..."
"You've got to me kidding me. You're being difficult because of this?!" Taya glared and blushed a little due to embarrassment. "Look ok!? I don't want to go. It hurts!" Cayde glared back and started to drag her out of the ship. "Leave me alone!! I don't want to go!" Cayde grunted still trying to drag her. "We. Have. To.go!" Taya pouted and just let him drag her. "By the way, I ate your cookies and ramen before we left." Cayde stopped and looked at her in silence for a good minute and started to drag her again. She smirked to herself know she got him mad. But obviously he's not showing it.

{ time skip toooooo Ana}

They entered the building and saw Ana looking at books and papers. Cayde sighed and walked up to Ana. "Hey! Ana what's up? Still being cool and stuff?" Ana looked up from her book and smiled. "Hey Cayde. Um yea just looking at pictures of me. Still curious and stuff." Cayde rubbed his chin and smiled. "I see. So uh I was wondering.. AND I do not want to take too much of your ti-" Taya interrupted him and said "He wants to know about his past and his son Ace." Cayde glared at Taya while she winked. Ana looked at the both and sighed. "I'm sorry Cayde. I would help..I really would. But I don't know anything about you or your past." Cayde sighed in defeat but then smiled. "Oh I know. I just need.. books and stuff."

Ana was confused then looked at Taya while she just shrugged. She then looked back at Cayde while he smiled nervously. "J-just a few.."

"Cayde I don't know how books would help you with your problem." Cayde huffed and smiled trying not to yell. "I just need books trying to figure out my past. Would you PLEASE let me borrow some? It would mean the world to me... or I guess I could say galaxy.. look doesn't matter. Please?" Ana sighed in defeat and got up to go get some books. Cayde smiled and raised his hand up waiting for Taya to high-five. Taya glared at Cayde. "You don't deserve one. Not this time." Cayde pouted and heard Ana returning with a lot of books. "Look.. as soon as you finish these, return them." Cayde grabbed them all and smiled. "Ok." Ana wasn't too sure. "I MEAN it. They are super important. And I know they aren't allowed to well.. exist."

A girl entered the room and smiled. Ana looked towards the girl and laughed running to her and hugged her. "Red! I'm glad you're back." Red smiled and patted her head. "I'm glad to have returned." She looked towards Taya and Cayde and froze. "Uh.. those are guardians?" Ana was confused for a good minute. "Yea why? You're a guardian as well." Red smiled nervously. "Nothing. Just stuff." Cayde was confused but shrugged. "Well Ana it's been a pleasure but we're off now." Taya smiled in victory and ran out as quick as possible. "Ok. Well see ya. And REMEMBER to return those." Cayde rolled his eyes while exiting. "Yea Yea I know."

{time skip back to the tower}

Cayde was sitting outside while reading the books. He got frustrated and put the book down. "These are all useless. Useless I tell you! And now I'm talking to myself. Cayde shut up. No you shut up!" He sighed heavily and layed down thinking about Ace more. "I just can't get you out of my head.." he heard foot steps coming towards him and he opened his eyes to see Ikora walking towards him and she stopped as soon as she was beside him. "What are you doing out so late?" Cayde looked to the side. "Um just admiring the traveler." Ikora looked down to see a bunch of books beside him. "And what about these books?" Cayde remembered and quickly got up and took the books. "Ah just .. um.. stories to read while admiring it. Ya know? It would be boring just sitting here and looking at it." Ikora crossed her arms being suspicious. "And since when do you read books?" Cayde was silent for a couple of seconds then he smiled nervously. "I started reading yesterday. I find books quite enjoyable now. I even read that one book that's really popular." He snapped his fingers trying to think of a name. "Uh what's that books name? Uh.." "Harry Potter?" Cayde smiled and patted her shoulder. "Yes. Thank you Ikora." She sighed and started walking away. "Eh.. where are you going!?"

Ikora kept walking feeling disappointed. "I'm walking away from your lies." Cayde felt sad and he sat back down and scratched his neck. "Man life is being a bummer.." he heard foot steps coming towards him. He didn't even bother to look because he already knew who it was. "Hi Taya.." she sat down and layed her head on his chest. "If you ever need me.. I'm here. That's what best friends are for." Cayde smiled and patted her head. "Oh I know. I know."

A/n

Ok ok I feel like it's getting better. I promise things will get intense and stuff ùwú