Chapter 3

Hiiiii guys! So I'm sorry if my wording is bad and such. I am trying my best. At this point I'm winging it lol! I hope you enjoy! <3

Niall and I pull into the parking lot. I look at the clock and we're just on time. Niall sighs with relief.

"Good thing we got here on time or else you would've killed me!" He chuckles

"Oh shut up Niall before I do kill you!" I say with a fist in the air. We both laugh and go inside. Niall and I are so close we even go to the same work. Which is helpful for car pool purposes.

Too bad we work at a office. Niall deserves to do more. He is an amazing singer and he can play the guitar! I swear he could be a professional singer if he wanted. Sadly he doesn't believe me when I tell him that. He tells me the same thing, but I know he's just saying that.

We both walk in showing our work IDs to the receptionist without stopping. Security isn't that tight around here since this is just some random office building that's hidden away behind a Bounce U and a Big Boys.

We get in the elevator and go to the 4th floor. The elevator doors open to a room jam packed with cubicles where over a hundred people waste everyday of their life typing on their keyboards, papers that have no meaning when it comes down to it.

Working here is just a way to waste time, and away to do something during the day, then get paid a salary that is down the toilet. Everyone hates this place. But the place works for me. Nothing changes here.

We clock into our shift then go to our cubicles. Niall's is right across from mine. Usually we throw paperclips across the 3 inch thick drywall that separates us when we're bored. Sometimes we throw notes over like we're in high school again.

I sit down in my chair, put my feet on my desk and just observe my surroundings. Rubix cubes, magic 8 balls, and Slinkys clutter the desk in front of me. Next to my computer is a picture of me, my sister Gemma, and my mother. I don't know why I chose that picture. Probably so it looks like I'm a normal person. Which I wasn't.

I really had no reason to be here. I have only one paper to copy, print, then turn into my boss. I just start to work on my paper when I here my office phone ring. Everyone looks at me.

Your office phone never rings unless the boss needs to see you or you're fired right on the spot. It gets hard for me to breathe. I look up at Niall who's eyes are wide. I look back down at the phone and pick it up.

"Hello sir, good morning."

"Good morning Mr. Styles. May I see you in my office? I have something for you."

"Su-sure sir. I'll be right there."

Then the line goes dead. Rarely anything happens like this at the office so everyone stares at me as I get up and walk to our bosses office. Niall slides a note into my hand as I walk by.

The note reads "Goodluck mate, I'm here if you need it. It's probably nothing though harry."

I take a deep breath and looking at the door. I fix my shirt, stare at the door for about 10 seconds, and then open the it. I look to see my boss Mr. Cowell sitting at his desk with his same smart ass smirk as usual.

The room seems empty except for his desk, three chairs (including the one he's sitting in) and a bookcase with photo frames and knickknacks on it. In one of the chairs is a boy, probably in his 20s with longish brown hair pushed to the left side of his face. He had blue eyes, and a big smile on his face as he talked to Mr. Cowell.

Mr. Cowell makes eye contact with me  and stops mid-sentence with the boy, which makes the boy turn around towards me. I can finally see his entire face. God how could someone be so beautiful?!

"Good morning Harry. Having a good day so far?" Ask Mr. Cowell

"Yes sir. Just the normal routine as usual."

"Well, you must be wondering why I called you in here. This, (he gestures to the boy sitting down) is Louis Tomlinson. He will be an intern here. I wish for you to show him around, get him to work, and to just keep an eye on him."

My eyes widen. I have to talk to this guy? I'm gonna screw up. This isn't a normal thing! He'll think I'm a freak! There's nerd written all over me!

I look over at him and I swear I think I'm melting. Louis has the biggest smile on his face. How could he be so happy? He stands up and walks over to me.

I walk forward a little bit and hit one of the chairs that knocks over.

"Oops!" I say leaning down to pick it up.

Louis kneels down and helps pick up the chair.

"Hi. Nice to meet you Harry!" Louis speaks looking up at me with the biggest smirk on his face, reaching his hand out. I look at him and then back down at his hand. With a smile I extend my hand and shake his. Blushing crazily I say.

"Hi Louis. It's lovely to meet you."

Wow! I didn't even stutter. We make eye contact and I melt even more. His eyes! They're more blue than I thought.

Louis and I stand back up straight and just look at each other. God I must seem like a freak just staring at him.

We keep eye contact and smirks at each other for what feels like hours until Mr. Cowell gets our attention.

With his same old smart ass smile he says "You guys will be working with each other for a couple weeks until Louis has been observed and has the ok to begin working independently. I hope that isn't any trouble Mr. Styles."

"Oh! N-no sir. It will be just fine." I speak letting my eyes drift to Louis standing next to me. His eyes are still plastered on me, which makes me blush.

"I'll leave you too it then." Mr Cowell responds giving us the cue to leave.