Chapter 17

Author's POV

Dean's face fell.

Then he instantly started laughing, "Nice one, Charlie."

"Who's Charlie?" Charlie asked.

"Hello Charlie," a doctor said, "I'm Dr. Burns. I'll be your doctor for today so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask."

"Um...." Charlie hesitated, "Who is this?" She asked, pointing to Dean.

The doctor looked to Dean. "This is your....."

"Fiancée." Dean helped.

"Fiancée." The doctor said.

"Aren't I a little young to get married?" She asked, "Wait.....how old am I?" I asked.

"Babe," Dean said, grabbing her hand, "you're 19. Turning 20 next week. Look." Dean showed her her engagement ring, "We're engaged."

"Wait!" She stopped him, "If I'm 19....how old are you?" She asked.

"28." Dean responded.

"WHAT!?!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Charlie, calm down." The doctor said before turning to Dean, "Can I speak to you outside, sir?" Dean nodded and walked outside. "Charlie has severe damage to her brain. She has severe memory loss."

"How severe?" Dean asked.

"Well, if you two really are engaged and she can't remember the man she loved, very severe." The doctor said.

"Well, how can we restore it?" Dean asked.

"Can't. You just have to remind her of things and hope she remembers." The doctor said. "Be patient with her."

Dean sighed and returned to the room.

"Hey." He said, kneeling next to Charlie's bed. "You really don't remember me, do you?"

She shook her head, "Sorry, am I supposed to?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah you are." He said. She stared at him with a blank expression, trying to figure out what it was he wanted from her. "I'm your fiancée, Dean."

"Dean." She said, just to get used to it.

"Yeah, and we've been engaged for over two months now." He said.

The doctor left Dean and Charlie alone.

"Okay...but....I'm so young." She said.

"You turned 20 two days ago. Too bad you weren't awake for your own birthday." He said. "Your parents..."

"My parents?" She asked, interrupting him, "What are they like?"

"Well, from what you've told me, they're really strict." He said, "but they love you."

She smiled. He grabbed her hand, "And I love you."

"I can't remember if I love you." She said confusingly.

"You do." Dean said, "Trust me, you do."

She nodded, "So....what happened to me again?"

"You wrecked my rental." Dean said, "We had a fight and you ran off. I said some things I shouldn't have said. I guess you were too overwhelmed to even realize what you were doing. That or some idiot driver was on the road." He said.

"So....we had a fight?" She asked. He nodded honestly. "Why?" He looked down and grabbed Charlie's hand. "What did you say to me that was so bad?"

"I....I told you that I didn't need you." He said.

"Do you?" She asked.

"Yes!" Dean said without hesitation, "I need you more than anything."

"So......why'd you say that?" She asked.

Dean started feeling guilty. If he would've never said what he said, Charlie wouldn't even be in this hospital right now. If he would've just understood.

"Because I wanted to make you hurt." He said.

"Why would you do that?" Charlie asked.

"Because...you and Seth had a relationship a few months ago when you and I were broken up. You guys kept having weird awkward kissing moments and you never told me so...."

"Who's Seth?" She interrupted.

"My ex best friend. Your ex best friend."

"Ex best friend?" She asked.

"Yeah, he betrayed us. He broke up The Shield and....."

"The Shield?" She asked.

"Team we were on. So anyway..."

"Team? What kind of team?" She asked, interrupting once again.

"Charlie....you.....you remember what you are, right? What you've always wanted to be?" He asked.

She shrugged, "What?"

"Charlie...you're a WWE wrestler. You're the Divas Champion." He explained.

"This is just too much." She said.

"You don't remember any of this?" He asked.

"Nope!" She said.

Dean stood up, "I'll be right back." He said.

He kissed Charlie on the forehead before leaving her in a confused state.