Chapter 34

"This could change everything." I said to Dean.

"Charlie, just calm down." He said, edging me back to lay on the pillows. "We're gonna get through this."

"But Dean, this is my job. What am I gonna do?" I asked.

I couldn't believe this. I could be out of a career. I can't believe this was happening.

"Frustration will only make the pain worse." The nurse said calmly.

She walked out of the room momentarily then returned a few minutes later with some oatmeal and a fruit cup. Dean grabbed me a bottle of water and pressed the button to lift my bed.

I couldn't even lift my arm to eat. I was all wrapped tightly and trying to eat with my left hand was totally out of the question.

Dean grabbed the spoon and I smiled as he started feeding me little bits of oatmeal. AJ held my hand tightly.

"So....I guess I was kind of a handful not knowing anything, huh?" I asked.

Dean chuckled, "You were okay."

"We need to talk, Dean." I said sternly.

I had never been able to talk to him about the whole break up thing. At least not with a full memory.

AJ and Rome walked quietly out of the room and Dean turned to me.

"Yeah babe?" He asked.

"I don't think you should call me that anymore." I said.

He looked surprised, "What?" He asked.

"Ya know, I may have my memory back, but that doesn't mean I forgot anything that happened when I didn't. And if I had my memory when you turned your back on me, I wouldn't have forgiven you." I said.

"Honestly Charlie, how many more times do I have to say I did this for you?" He asked.

"You can say it as many times as you want. What did you think? After I got my memory back I'd forget about everything else and move on? That's not how it works. My life has changed forever, Dean." I said.

"So has mine." He said. "Because I've realized that I've been a jerk to you. This whole experience has caused me to change. I don't wanna be a jerk, Charlie, but I can't help the fact that sometimes I am. And....I do need you.....more than anything." He said.

I shook my head, "You don't need me Dean. Dean Ambrose doesn't need anyone."

"Well then I'm not Dean Ambrose right now. I'm Jon. Jonathan Good. The man that can't live without you. The man that needs you in his life. I can't stand being without you, Charlie. You're the good in me. Before I met you, I didn't know there was any good in me." He said, "You've changed me. You've made me a better man. No one's ever done that before."

I smiled, "No Dean. You've made yourself a better man."

"Yeah, but you had a lot to do with it." He said. "It's like I can always be myself in front of you."

"Because I love you. I love you for you." I said.

"I love you too." Dean said.

He gently placed his lips on hers and kissed her softly.