[8.b] Pen Ink

"Please... You're needed here in this Earth..." Tord stay behind Tom and hugged him tightly. He knew Tom could barely feel him, but he just wanted him to know he was trying. . .

"By who?" Tom replied, attempting to make it sounded more blank than cold. But, Tord had fallen silent. He only softly sighed, unable to find an answer. Then Tom stood up.

"...Thomas?... What are you doing?..." Tord also got up, slightly worried. But he didn't get and answer. Tom walked right up to the bank of river. " Tom wait, you aren't-"

"Just let me do this." Tom dangled his foot off the edge.

"Tom, Don't!" Tord quickly reached for his arm and tried to grab his arm. But ghosts can't interact physically with people. And that's how it's meant to be. . . "TOM!"

Plop.

"THOMAS!" Tord tried to reach into the water but couldn't even break the surface. He ran along the edge, trying to find any sign of his lover. He continued running along the edge, but it fed into a lake. It was far to dark to see into the water, and now the only source of light was the moon. Tord collapsed onto his knees, and he started to cry. He was silent, but the only thing he could feel was loss. something he had loved had just been town away from him. He wondered if it might have been his fault, that maybe he had started this. All he could do at this point was stare at the water and hope that Tom might survive, that he might emerge.

But he did emerge. About 20 feet away from Tord, Tom had bobbed up.

He was dead.

[Part 3 will come out when I stop crying]