Episode 5

My breath was shaking, matching with the pulsing heart in my chest. The fire works slowly fading.

Hazel brown eyes were still looking at me with a hint of confusion and that unknown emotion.

His  finger slowly parted away from my lips.

'What now? What did I done?' My mind was crazy. I almost didn't noticed what Derek said.

,,Let's- Let's go to my house." Derek stuttered. His head moved to the front window.

I was scared. What if I lost my friend? What if I ruined our friendship? I didn't know how to deal with the butterflies in my stomach.

My eyes darted to my intertwined fingers.
My plams getting sweaty from the stres.
The engine of the car roared.

A long sight slipped from my lips. Derek's head turned to me.

,,Jaspal?" Derek said. Trying to calm me by his soft voice.

I still had my eyes pierced at my fingers. Derek knew I listened.

,,Jaspal. I- Uhm~" Derek licked his lips. His hands  tightened around the steering wheel.

I looked up. The parking lot slowly moved away. The Tension almost touchable.

Suddenly Derek stopped the car. I looked at him confused.  His eyes sparked, maybe it was the yellow light from the McDonald's logo. 

I tried to ask why he stopped. But I was stopped by his soft pink lips against mine.

The fireworks coming back. My heart fluttered.

His head tilted and he moved his lips. My eyes closed again. Warm feeling filling my body.

I kissed back. Trying to mimic kisses from movies.

He pulled away. And whispered, his hot breath hitting my face softly.

,,I feel the same."

My cheeks were covered with crimson color. 'Did he just-' My mind froze

,,Watcha' say to a movie night?" Derek asked, breaking the awkward silence.

'Is that like a date?' I asked myself. People watch movies together on a date, right?

,,Yea!" I looked him in the eyes. Trying not to stare at his plump lips. His smile appeared on his face again.

Was it me who made him happy?

My heart was reaching its tiny hands to him, craving for more warm kisses. But the other was reaching with one hand. The other held his broken side. It was an old scar, the one Ashley left. Derek still missed her, but it still kept a deep scar in his heart.

I was still trying to calm myself. I was taking unnoticeable deep breaths. Butterflies slowly sat down. But Derek still kept the little fire lit. It never snuffed out. It was burning, its warming warmed my body. Even though it was founded today.

The car stopped as Derek stepped on break pedal. The drive was awkward, the quiet music from the radio trying to save it. I blushed crimson red whenever my eyes darted his way. He tried to break the silence many times with, clearing his throat. But it still fallen into the quiet car with silent sounds of the radio.

I opened the door as I watched Derek stepping out of the car. The little flame flashed, as our eyes met again.

The down-going sun colored the nearest clouds a soft shade of orange. The skies created a blend between blue and yellow.

Derek fished in his black hoodie for his keys. He found it with a metal 'cling'.

I watched every single movement he made. I was like I never saw this before, I almost dropped my jaw to ground.

Derek stepped to the door and fiddled with the keys in his hands.

For how long have I've been hiding my true feelings? Maybe that's why I've had so many friend - zones with girls. Because I didn't have feelings for them.

I felt over wheighted. Discovering my sexuality and feeling something to Derek. .

,,Are you coming in today?" Derek asked from the inside, holding a door knob in his hands.

At least sarcasm didn't left him.

°

I hope you enjoyed! Have a nice rest of the Day/Night!