Green Apple

"Should we go with pre-made, or buy some russet potatoes?" Iida and I stepped into the shop, Iida had a long list in his hands. Thanksgiving break had started a couple days ago, and Iida and I were having a dinner party for people who were staying at UA for the holiday.
"Well that depends. Do you know how to make mashed potatoes?" He looked down at me trough his glasses with raised eyebrows. I shamefully shook my head.
"I cant cook too well Iida."
"Then pre-made," I followed him to the produce section, stepping onto my tip-toes to grab carrots.
"What kind of corn should we make?" I asked, setting the carrots in the cart.
"Canned, it's easier."He grabbed broccoli, I scrunched up my nose.
"Why broccoli?"
"Broccoli casserole," he headed for the dairy isle, I nodded, following right behind.
"Are we stuffing the Turkey?" He glanced down at the list.
"Depends," I grabbed one of the Turkeys on the shelf, "also, we need gravy." I set the turkey in the cart.
"Yes...Pie too."
"Yup-" and just like that, out of the corner of my eye I saw him. He was staring down at two shinny apples, examining each one. His eyes were dark and set, his hair ruffled in the perfect way.
"Um...You go ahead, I need something...I'll catch up to you." Iida nodded, pushing the cart off to find gravy. I turned back to look at Bakugou, gripping on the insides of my jacket sleeves. He had moved on from the apples, and his back was to me now. He seemed to be sifting through a pile of bananas. I slowly made my way in his direction, pretending to be more interested in the case of strawberries then in him.
"Uraraka," I heard his voice just as I started to reach for one of the strawberry boxes. I smiled as I turned around.
"Oh, hey Bakugou!"
"You left your coat in Kirishimas car- On his uh, birthday he just found it while cleaning yesterday."
"Ohhhhhh, so that's where it went."
"Yeah. I'll drop it off at your dorm later."
"Okay, thank you." I let myself smile. His deep, red eyes set on my face. He looked tired, the eye-bags under his eyes were dark and large. I stepped over to the apple isle, so we were on direct opposite sides of the isle. Touching my left five fingers to a green apple, I lifted it between us, spinning it around in the air.
"Are you going home for Thanksgiving?" I asked, watching him reach for the apple. I released it as he grabbed it.
"Nope." He stared down at the apple intensely, both his hands wrapped around it.
"Ah, me neither," I shuffled my feet together, "why aren't you?"
"Tch...I dunno, I just don't want too."
"Right, sorry for nagging."
"Yea. Whatever." He tossed the apple my way, pushing his cart off into a different section, I set it in the crook of my arm. I remembered Bakugou from Freshman year, he'd yell much more then he did now. He used to get in a lot more fights too. How long had I felt this way about him...? Feeling my face grow red, I rushed off to find Iida.
"Iida!" I found him standing in the canned-vegetable isle.
"Ah, there you are. Which corn brand should we get?"
After studying them for a while, I pointed at one with a big corn field picture on it, glancing down at the apple. That was when I noticed the little burn. In the perfect shape of a heart.