I Wish I Knew.... Loving was complicated....

A/N: Nope, I'm not dead. And no... I didn't forget.. But I had family problems... So... I'm really sorry...

-----

The room smelt of dust and recycled air. Naruto pushed open the curtains, coughing as the navy fabric released dust. Kanade was outside, playing with the other kids and her only company in the place of her nightmares was the red-head Kazekage.

He dusted off the furniture and arranged it. She unpacked stuff and folded the boxes. She was moving back. The apartment where she used to live. Her hair was tied up, and it was coated with dust. While Gaara looked even more frightening with streaks of dust on his outfit and hair. They finished their work and sat down with a cup of tea.

"Finally! Done!" Naruto said, plopping down. Gaara sat down beside her.

"Why did you want to move all of a sudden?" He asked.

"I...I don't know... I just... Wanted Kana to grow up where I did.... And also.. my parents.." She replied.

"Oh... You...sure it has nothing to do with the Uchiha?"

She turned to him with a red face. 

"With Sasuke?! No! Of course not!"

"I meant Itachi... but well..." He smirked.

"Shut up, Gaara." She said, her face burning with red as she turned her face quickly. A few strands fell across her face.

Gaara turned and stared and as if in a daze, reached out his hand and pushed the hair  behind her ear.

Her eyes widened as his fingers touched her skin. As his fingers departed, she looked at him. The glowing sun made it look a bit more serious than the action actually was.

"Ga-"

"I'm sorry, Naruto..." Gaara said as he looked down. 

"I didn't want to tell you but I can't hold it in any longer. You don't have to return my feelings. I'm not asking you to. But I just want you to know-" He looked up. 

That was the most emotion she had ever seen in his eyes....

Her eyes widened, as he leaned forward and kissed her on her cheek.

"I love you, Naruto." He pulled back, smiled and vanished into sand.

She sat there dumb-founded.

-----

"Hotaru-kun! Haruhi-chan! Someone's here for you!" Hinata called the kids.

The sound of small feet running, echoed in the halls of the Hyuuga mansion.

"Who?! Who?!" Hotaru asked, mid-way.

"Kana-chan!" Haruhi said, as she hugged the younger girl.

"Hi! I came over to play!" And as soon as the words were out, she was being dragged by two Hyuugas.

-----

"You don't seem okay, Naru-chan. What happened?" Hinata said as she poured a cup of tea for the aforementioned.

"I have crazy news..." Naruto sighed and recited the incident.

"Finally..." Hinata sighed. "I thought he'd never tell."

"You knew?" Naruto asked.

"Well... yes..." She took a sip. "I think everyone knew..."

"I'm blind, aren't I?" Naruto set her cup down and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I wouldn't say that... with all you've been through..." Hinata kept a hand over Naruto's.

"I don't understand what's going on anymore."

"It's fine... " Hinata said.

-----

As Naruto and Kanade made their way back, they bumped into Sasuke.

As Kanade and Sasuke greeted each other, she just stared at them. Wondering what good Father-Daughter they made. Their identical smiles. Hair colour and hair styles. 

And their relationship.... Sasuke and she....

And she realized, 

Loving was complicated.