Chapter 10.

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the tress, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." -The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Niall's POV

I lay on my bed, my head resting on my pillow, as I stare at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. The only thought running in my head is that I saw Ana. It was her, I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine her. I cannot forget her long, brown locks, I can recognise it in a million people.

The thing that is still bugging me is the blonde guy with her, who had his arms around her shoulders. I feel a pang in my heart at the thought of him being her boyfriend and I'm not even sure why. The image of them is stuck on my mind, even though I try to not think about it.

I tightly close my eyes, to shut out all my thoughts, but as soon as I do, I am greeted by Ana's laughing face. I snap my eyes open and groan in frustration. Why is this happening again? Why do I feel like this again?

It only means one thing, that I probably like her. Yes, I thought I was attracted to her but it was just because I was intrigued and curious and not because I liked her. The problem is that I don't even know her well enough to actually like her, but I've come to a realisation that you don't need to know a person before you start to like them and as good as people might think this is, it is not healthy for me.

I don't even know if she lives here, in London. Maybe there's a small possibility that it wasn't Ana, maybe it was someone else and my mind is just playing tricks on me.

I whine and turn to dip my head in the pillow to scream. I get up from my bed, after my screaming match, which was in between my head and heart, and walk towards the kitchen before pouring myself a glass of whiskey. I sit on the kitchen island sipping my drink. After completing my glass, I take the bottle and drink directly from it. I don't even realise when I complete the whole bottle but soon enough I feel my head getting heavier. It isn't the best feeling, but it definitely helps me to remove the picture of her off of my mind.

For now, at least.

With the empty bottle of whiskey still in my hand, I end up on my couch, sprawling across it. I try to keep the empty bottle on the table in front of me, but it ends up, on the ground with a loud crash, breaking it into many pieces, but I am not in my right mind to care. I start feeling a bit queasy as I keep my arms on my forehead before feeling my eyelids getting heavier.

I groan in pain as soon as I wake up and clutch my head in my hands. My whole body aches so I try to stretch my muscles as much as I can, but it's of no use, it started hurting more. My eyes wander through the living room and another groan leaves my mouth. Memories from last night start coming back to my mind and I realise the mess I made. I look at the wall clock which shows that it's just a little after 7. I sit on the couch and massage my head to relieve some pain, but to no extent. I walk to my bathroom, being careful that I don't step on the shattered glass pieces, and take out a bottle of aspirin. I put two pills in my mouth before gulping it down with water.

I stroll towards the kitchen and take out the broom from a cupboard. I carefully sweep the floor and put the glass pieces in the bin. After cleaning the mess that I made, I walk back to my room and try to sleep. Feeling insomniac, I go through my phone to check any emails that I might have missed, for I know that I'll end up thinking about her if my brain is empty. There was one from the D&B Investing Company, the potential investors so I quickly open it, eager to read it.

From: D&B Investing Company

To: Niall Horan

Subject: New Relationships.