Chapter 5

Lake...

They then reached a lake. There was no way the stranger could have crossed. Realizing that, she stopped. Kalin was baffled as to why until he saw what was ahead of her. He too stopped. The stranger then turned towards Kalin. There was nowhere to go now. Kalin walked towards her. sHE didn't move. He then stopped when he was quite a distance away from her.

Kalin: ... Who are you?

The stranger then removes their hood.

Kalin: (Mm?!)

Misty: Feel free to tell everyone who the cloaked stranger is now that you know.

Kalin: Aren't you...?

Misty: Misty Tredwell? Yes. Now whenever you're ready to expose me, let me know so I have time to prepare for the worst.

Kalin stared at her.

Misty: If you're going to, get it over with.

Kalin: Misty... Tredwell... No wonder I know you.

Misty: Well, I am a famous model, so I'm not surprised you know who I am.

Kalin: That's not what I mean.

Misty: Care to explain?

Kalin: ... You don't remember me, do you?

Misty: Should I? I don't remember ever seeing you before.

Kalin: Actually, you have. You just don't remember.

Misty: When was this?

Kalin: You wouldn't remember, even if I did tell you.

Misty: That doesn't convince me I know who you are at all.

Kalin: You know what, forget I said anything. Forget you saw me today.

Misty: Forget? You just chased me around New Domino City. I doubt forgetting you will be that simple.

Kalin: You've done it once before.

Misty: I'll ask again. When was this?

Kalin: Look, I wish I could tell you, but it wouldn't help.

Misty: Why can't you tell me?

Kalin: I...

Misty: You claim that I know you. If you can say that, then you should be able to say from when.

Kalin: I can, but...

Misty: I wouldn't remember?

Kalin: I'm sorry...

Misty: Never mind. If you say I won't remember, then you're likely to be right.

Kalin: Please don't be offended.

Misty: You chase me here, claim to know who I am and then tell me to forget this ever happened?

Kalin: Look, I... Never mind, I'll just go.

Misty: Wait...

Kalin: ...

Misty: If you know I know who you are and you want me to put what happened today behind me, wouldn't telling me be the best way to do it?

Kalin: I...

Misty: I guess not. Well I have to go. Farewell.

Kalin: No, wait!

Misty: Hmm?

Kalin: I'll tell you, but... I need you to prepare yourself for what I'm about to tell you. It's pretty ridiculous, but it's the truth.