Hunter X Hunter: Gon Freecss

Will you be like Gon?

Character: Gon Freecss
Anime: Hunter X Hunter (2011)

Traits:
Courageous, Determined, Focused

Character Review:
A typical happy-go-lucky person can relate to Gon's personality as he is indeed adventurous but always stumbles upon hurdles to jump on. Even so, no matter how tough an opponent is, Gon Freecss is sure to face a challenge head on. His wild and go-with-the-flow nature makes an optimist out of him. His determination, focus, and courage to succeed gives him the upper hand in any battle despite all odds. Gon is the type of person who is not arrogant about what he's capable of. Instead, he uses his time and energy to keep practicing and improving his skills. His sheer persistence pays off as he is mostly seen genuinely happy about his growth, be it great or little. He's a person that friends are happy to have and proud to be close with.

Favorite Scene:
Defeat x And x Disgrace (Season 1, Episode 16)
Gon successfully times his swing and snatches Hisoka's tag as Hisoka attacks another person. However, he was darted by someone else who took his tag along with Hisoka's. Later on, Hisoka returns Gon the tags. Gon refuses out of pride but gets beaten by one punch. Hisoka tells him he will keep on letting Gon live until he is worthy of being killed.

Evaluation:
Often, you think you're losing your battles -- in school, at work, or in life in general -- because you feel you are not as smart, strong, rich, talented, or whatsoever. But, that's not true. The time it takes to think about this is the time you're actually losing. Gon also feels anxious about stronger opponents but always focuses to draw out his inner strength to turn it into courage and determination. Like you, Gon also lost a lot of battles but keeps moving forward to become stronger. His character is encouraging to those like you who are aware of their weaknesses but are willing to fight and overcome each of it.

Gon Freecss' green light is his drive to become a top-notch professional hunter so he could find his father and learn about his father's reasons for being a hunter. Would you also like to know what's so great about going on an endless adventure around the world?

Go find your green light and get going!

[Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thegreenlight.ph and be featured through writing your (movie, tv series, anime, theater, and novel) character analysis.

Together let's aim to deliver realizations to the masses by encouraging them to be understanding of different personalities.]