XII: Don't leave me

The sun is merely reaching its peak in the sky which is a beautiful sight to see. Birds are chirping their favorite tunes and flowers dancing along the musical morning breeze. A wonderful morning indeed.

Even though the morning glory is still on me, I woke up early to make breakfast for me and Dan. I made toasts and prepared different spreads in the table. I even cooked bacon, eggs, and sausages. After that, I looked for the mugs in the cabinet. I wanted to make hot cocoa because it's best drinking it during mornings.

While I rummage the cabinets, I heard the bedroom door open and sudden steps emerged in the living room. I can hear it because the kitchen is just near the living room. I know it's Dan, so, I went to the living room only finding a messed up looking Dan — messy hair, wrinkled clothes, and a panicking aura.

"Hey! Good morning! What happened?" I asked him with worried face.

"M-Mina? What the eff?" He hurriedly walk towards my direction and hugged me which caught me off guard.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I thought you left." He said, still hugging me.

I caress his head, holding back my laughter, and said, "Why are thinking like that? This is my apartment. Do you think I'm leaving you with my place? No way. That's just funny." He loosen up the hug and stared at my face. Dan's face seems restless and sad. His eyes were like clouds in the verge of raining. Him looking like that makes my heart clench in pain.

"Seriously, I thought you left me. I thought you walked out on me after we had—"

"Okay, I prepared breakfast! Let's eat!" I exclaimed to stop him from saying things.

He gave me a teasing smirk, so, I rolled my eyes. I guess that changed his mood. He really likes teasing me and such.

I was already walking back to the kitchen when a pair of arms embraced me from the back. I felt his body pressed at my back. A back hug. A sweet, radiant, and innocent hug that is melting my heart with gladness. I touched Dan's hands and put mine on top of his.

"Don't leave me. Don't ever leave me, okay?" He said, or more like, demanded.

Happily, I smiled and mutter, "Of course. As long as you do the same."

•••

Author's Note

Hello there! Canary Claire here!

I would just like to thanked mitzu___heart for supporting this story. Thank you, dear. I was kinda getting thoughts of deleting this story but you suddenly came. An angel indeed.

Y'all! Please give Ms. Claire an energy boost by voting this story. If you have any questions or anything to say, please do comment. I'll answer or respond to it.

Have a lovely day!