♛ 2.15 In Plain Sight ♛

Posted: November 15th, 2018

♛ Jhanvi ♛

2.15 In Plain Sight

          Reaching the stairs, I turn to climb up backwards

          Reaching the stairs, I turn to climb up backwards. Aarush's forehead creases questioningly and I offer, placing my hand on the rail. "It's easier." Climbing up the stairs with a broken foot is not the easiest task especially when I can't even see my own feet. After only climbing four steps, one at a time, I end up winded. "Or so I thought." I mutter feeling silly.

The corner of his lips twitch in the faintest of a smile.

I scold, "Don't laugh. It's not funny."

Okay... maybe it is. But right now, it is a bit frustrating.

He takes a step down and stands in front of me. His eye level matches mine as he forwards his hand. My brows draw together having no idea why he's asking for my hand. I just need a moment to catch my breath before I can start climbing again.

When my arms remain by my side, he reaches forward to hold it on his own. Never once does he blink away and he seriously needs to. It's hot as it is without him turning this intense. He probably does not even realize the effect it has on me - and that's the cruel part, if you ask me. How did I get myself into a situation where I am fake-married to one guy while finding myself attracted to another?

He brings my hand to his shoulder and leaves it there before sliding one arm on my back, other arm under my thighs, and lifts me off the ground.

My breath catches in my chest at finding myself so close him. Touching him.

My mind flashes back to the first time anyone carried me. The first time he carried me in that parking lot just weeks ago.

I remind myself to breathe before asking him, "Please put me down. I don't like being carried."

"Why? Don't you trust me?" His voice near my ear has my muscles tense further, adding to my fear. I do believe he won't drop me but irrational fears are just that; irrational.

He is quick to blink away afterwards as if he hadn't meant to ask such a question. My eyes, however, remain on him as he begins climbing. Unconsciously, my hand around his shoulder fists his vest to contain my fear at bay.

If he notices, he chooses to not make it obvious for which I am glad.

I lose myself in imprinting his face in my memory. As if somewhere my heart knows... what future do I have with the guy? After short few days together, our paths were going to separate. And these memories, that's all I would have to hold on to. That's all I was going to remember of our time together.

Those deep eyes, charcoal black. Normally intense. Always hiding something with a blank exterior. Long lashes. Every time they blink. It should be naturally impossible for them to be so long and beautiful. High cheek bones. It could make any girls' hand twitch, wanting to touch them. That sharp jawline. Beyond attractive. Lips pressed in a thin line. I have yet to see a full smile on his face.