Stereotype

Chapter 1: Stereotype

"Alaïa! Selena's here," My mother yelled waking me up. I got up and changed into jeans I ripped myself and a cream crop top that I designed myself. I looked at myself in the mirror.

I don't know how women wear make up with their thin eyebrows and what not

I don't know how women wear make up with their thin eyebrows and what not. I fixed my hair and I slipped on black heels. I walked into the living room.
"Aye mija how come you keep ripping your pants like that?" My mom complains as I roll my eyes and walk outside.
"Hey girl" I said as Selena smiles at me
"Hey girly lets go before Juanpa gets mad at us for being late", She giggles.
"Oh my god just date already", I said as we start walking to his house.
"What? I don't like him", She protested.
"Really? Selena I've known you for 16 years. And I know for a fact you get all lovey dovey when you see him or spend time with him", I giggle.
"I do not!"She hits my arm and I laugh.
"One day you guys will believe me", I take out a strawberry lollipop from my pocket and start sucking on it. We keep walking and make it to his house.
"Alaïa did you really have to wear that?" Selena complained.
"Why not it's hot outside", I said as the door opened and Juanpa's mom smiled and called him out. Juanpa comes out minutes later,almost half dressed.
"Hey guys sorry I slept in", He said rubbing his eyes.
"It's no problem vato let's go", I said and start walking again.
"Where are we going?" Selena asked.
"We're just gonna chill right now, later on tonight we're going to a party" Juanpa said.
"What kind of party?" I asked walking into a store.
"The baddest chicanos party", Juanpa said. "Get this los vatos locos(the crazy dudes) will be there too".
"Ugh los tres puntos(the three points) and los vatos locos are nothing but chickens. Their all about talking but when it comes to fighting they're nothing", I said.
"Shhhh! Alaïa people will hear you", Selena said.
"No me importa(i don't care)", I reply "They can hear me all they want!" I yell loudly as people stare at me.
"I would keep my mouth shut Alaïa these guys are tough especially El Gallo Negro(the black rooster)" Juanpa says quietly.
"Who the hell is that?" I ask.
"Paco Aguilar?" Juanpa said and I give him a confused look as I shake my head and I grab a Hot Cheetos small bag. "Wow you've really been living in a hole", He added.
"No I just don't care about a 'black rooster' or whatever his name is", I shrug my shoulders.
"He's really handsome Alaïa" Selena says.
"And I care because?" I ask, walking to the cashier.
"All I'm saying is that you should be careful on what you say about him" Juanpa said paying for mine and Selena's bag of chips.
"He won't do anything I bet he's just like the other vatos", I said walking out of the store. "And Im not going to that party", I added.
"Why because El Gallo Negro will be there and people will be telling him what you said today. And your scared he'll confront you" Juanpa smirked.
"No I'll go", I said and Selena giggles.

We walked and talked for most of the day, but when it got dark the party started. We walked into a back yard. 'I don't even know who's party this is' i think to myself. I see all the guys eying and whistling at me. 'Babosos' The music was playing loud and Selena and Juanpa are dancing. I smile and walk to the kitchen and grab a drink. Good thing the inside of the house isn't crowded. I pour myself a drink of Pepsi when I feel a hand circle my waist. I turn around and push the hand away. I see a man with a black hat, wearing a crisp, white button up shirt with black suspenders.

"Um te puedo ayudar te con algo?(Can I help you with something?)", I ask taking a sip out of my cup

"Yeah so I hear you're calling me a chicken?" He asked.
"Excuse me?"
"I heard you were calling me and my crew if anything los tres puntos are the chickens", He said getting close to me.
"Because you guys are equally" I reply and move out of his way and walk out of the kitchen. An arm blocks me from going any further and I turn around and see that it was him again. I chuckle. "Okay then", I drop my cup and grab his arm and twist it behind his back.
"Ahh!" He groans.
"You chicanos are cowards because your all about talk but never about fighting", I said while he was groaning in pain. "If you ever try to block me from going somewhere or touch me again, you'll get way worse than this!" I let go of him and go to the back yard. Juanpa and Selena were kissing..... well that doesn't surprise me.
"Hey love birds lets dip", I said punching Juanpa on the arm.
"Yeah I'm tired", Selena says yawning.
"Yeah from kissing", I laugh.
"Your funny" Juanpa said sarcastically to me as I notice the same guy coming outside. Selena notices that I'm not paying attention to her and looks in the direction I'm looking.
"That's El Gallo Negro", Selena says.
"No way", I reply.
"Yup that's him Paco Aguilar", Juanpa said.
Paco looks at me all serious and I roll my eyes and turn around, walking out of the back yard.
"Hold up Alaïa", Selena said following me with Juanpa. We drop off Juanpa first, then Selena and then I start walking home last. I look up, surprised to see stars twinkling through the break in the wispy clouds. The last time I saw stars.... it was the night that my father died.

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~

"Mija(daughter) promise me you'll stay strong and be strong for your mother" 
"Papa(dad) please don't leave" I cried.
"Mija por favor(daughter please)", He held my hand and I held it tight.
"Okay dad I promise"
"I love you mija. Stay away from trouble. I'll be watching you from heaven. I'll guide you as best as I can", He says weakly. Then heart monitor had a flat line and the room filled with cries.

Flashback ends
~~~~~~~~~~~~

People call me a stereotype because I put gangsters into a category which is 'talk it all'. Because that's what they do talk crap. Gangsters killed my father. He was innocent. He was leaving the grocery store and a gang member came up to him and wanted his money. My dad refused to give him money and he was shoot and died a few hours later in the hospital. That's why I despise gangsters. I keep walking and I hear glass shatter. I run over to where I heard it.
"Viven Los Vatos Locos(Live the crazy dudes)", A blonde guy wearing a tight black t-shirt says as he runs back to his two friends who are yelling and flipping off whoever is driving the black Camaro up the block.
"Aye venían! Aye venían(their coming! Their coming)", says another guy with a white T-shirt on, shutting a gate as the car reverses back towards them, squealing their whitewall tires, with chrome rims. A guy with a white tank top and a black hat grabs a garbage can and throws it at car, which brakes quickly.
"You paint our wall. We'll paint your asses", they threaten as they start backing up towards me.
"We'll fuck you up Ese!" Spider yells, jumping out of the car. They were all flipping each other off. No surprise here. They start running towards me and stop once they see me. One of them catches my attention, its Paco. I look him up and down with a dirty look. Then I turn around and continue to walk home. 'See, their all about the talk' I think to myself.