It's Not Over

Chapter 4: It's Not Over

It was recess time for mine and Paco's court.
"Court is back in session!"
"Now Paco Aguilar and Alaïa Gonzalez.Due to your great records you have a decision to make. Either go to boot camp and go into the Marines or jail time. You have all day to think about this and you now may speak with your guardians about this decision" The judge stood up and left the room. I walked over to my mom who looked disappointed in me since I walked in to court.
"Alaïa I can't help you make bail" My mom cried.
"It was my decision to be in this mess now I'm paying for it" I said. "I screwed up yeah. But this was a eye opener telling me to grow up mom. This was probably dads way of telling me something too" I added then all you could hear in the court room was a smack.
"Don't you ever use your father like that again you hear me!" She said and I nodded.
"You can leave now mom" I said walking away and waited for Paco to be done with talking to his parents. He came back and sat down.
"I'm going to boot camp" He said.
"Yeah me too" I said sitting down next to him. Our lawyers told the judge that we would be doing boot camp and we went back to cells. I walked in first then Paco.
"Are you okay" He asked.
"I'm fine" I smile.
"You were crying last night weren't you?" He asked.
"What's there to cry about?" I asked.
"I don't know all of this" He say down on my bed and I did the same.
"No because at the end of the day Im not gonna cry about something I did wrong. I just.... own up to it"
"Miklo is in San Quiten Prison" Paco said.
"What why?!"
"He was on probation he wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to with his rich white boy daddy" Paco sighed.
"That day Miklo got his tattoo.... Paco you didn't see how he changed into a whole different person?" I asked.
"No" Paco answered.
"I have a bad feeling about it" I whispered. The rest of the day we stayed silent. He went up to his bed and I laid down on mine. Once it was night time everything was dark.
"Hey are you up?" Paco said but for some reason I didn't answer him. "I might as well tell you know since your asleep...... I never meet any girl. That day when I met you at the party. You were gorgeous. And El Gallo Negro doesn't have a soft spot but for you...... I do" I heard him sigh and it was silent. My guess what that he fell asleep. 'Maybe I wasn't supposed to hear that'

~10 Months Later~

I smile as I stepped out of boot camp for women. I go back to the LA city and I walk to the home I grew up in. I knocked on the door and it was already open.
"Hello?" I walked in and the lights were off, "Mom you left the door unlocked" The lights turned on and confetti were popped.
"WELCOME HOME ALAÏA!" My mother and my friends and their family and even Cruz was here with his mom, Dolores and I smiled.
"Oh my gosh thank you guys so much" I hugged my mom and I hugged everyone else.
"Alaïa you look amazing" Selena smiles and I giggled and I saw her baby bump and I gasped.
"Who's is it?" I asked.
"It's mine" Juanpa came from behind Selena and smiles and I screamed in excitement and I hugged them both.
"Congratulations" I smiled gently.
"Thank you Alaïa" Selena smiles back and they both turned to my mom and I walked over to Cruz and Dolores.
"Hey stranger" I giggled looking at Cruz.
"Welcome back home Alaïa" Cruz hugged me and I hugged him back.
"Hola Alaïa" His mom smiles and I pulled away from Cruz and I hugged Dolores.
"How was it in boot camp?" Cruz asked.
"It was stressful at the beginning but I pulled myself back together" I smiled.
"That's great Alaïa im happy to see you back in one piece" Dolores smiles.
"Thank you Dolores it means a lot"
"Paco should come back sometime this week we're also going to through him a party" Cruz smiles.
"Oh yes Alaïa you and your friends and family are welcome to come" Dolores says.
"That's great but I'm not sure I'll make it I have to start working this week" I sigh.
"Already what job is it?" Dolores asked.
"Umm I'm in the L.A.P.D narcotics detective" I answered.
"Wow that's huge" Cruz says.
"Yeah it is" I smiled.

~1980~

I came to the police station and I met with my manager.
"Hey Alaïa welcome" She spoke and smiled and I returned it back.
"Thank you for having me" I say.
"Well your desk is right over there" She points at a desk and was next to another desk.
"Um who's the other desk for?" I asked.
"Oh you'll be having a partner in your cases"
"Um no one didn't tell me that I would be having a partner" I said.
"Well yeah he's coming out of Marine Corps" She says.
"That's great I hope he's not an asshole"
"Me either I don't want any complaints from you" She says and I roll my eyes. "We'll get settled in" I nod and I walk over to the desk and I place my pens and notebooks and my recorder device in the drawers and I pull out a picture of me and my father when I was younger and I sigh and I place it next to the phone. I guess that's all I have for now. I get a call and I answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hey Alaïa hows it going so far?" My mom answered the phone.
"Umm it's going well" I turn away from the desk leaning against it and I crossed my arm holding my arm up for support.
"Have they given you anything to work on?" She asked.
"Not yet mom it's only my first on the job" I giggle.
"I just want to be safe it's a dangerous job"
"I know mom I'll be fine I promise" I hear the door open and I turn away and I saw him. No way. I thought I would have to never see him again. He looked at me and it was almost like he was staring into my soul.
"M-Mom I'm gonna have to call you back" I hang up quickly before she reply back.