Chapter 11

AN: Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA for such a long time, sometimes life happens, and writers block strikes. But I hope you like this chapter and enjoy some fluff ;)

A Chuck-E-Cheese was not where Gwen had expected to spend her night. When Blake suggested it, she thought it was a joke, and laughed along. Boy, was she wrong.

Currently, Blake was trying ski ball for the first time, and was absolutely wretched at it. After 3 failed attempts, he finally gave in to Gwen's teaching.

"See, you have to put your arm like this." She said, lightly guiding Blake's hand forward.

She slowly lifted his hand back, and helped him swing. It flew upwards, and landed the 50 point hole. Blake cheered, and looked at Gwen with sparkling eyes that took her breath away.

"Look at that, sunshine! I'm not as bad at this as we figured!" There he goes again, thought Gwen. She giggled, but quickly stopped, as she slowly remembered how annoyed it made her ex.

Blake glanced at her, and was startled at her expression. As she laughed, her face became unguarded, and happy, a look Blake hadn't seen for quite some time. Just as it had happened, it was gone, and he instantly knew he wanted to make her look that way as much as possible.

So, he took her on a very interesting tour of Chuck-E-Cheese. They played their way through air hockey, basketball, and many money-robbing arcade games. Before they knew it, they were 50 dollars in debt, and had about 3,000 tickets. Blake and Gwen knew they couldn't be there forever, but they tried to find reasons to stay. One being the giant stuffed animal that was 4,000 tickets.

"C'mon! We were so close!" Gwen half shouted as she turned the ticket wheel and landed on the spot right next to the jackpot.

"We're going to get this, trust me." Blake had a determined expression on his face, and pulled her back to the ski ball shoot.

Blake was focused. He closed his eyes and listened around him. He heard the sounds of children screaming and laughing, while adults stood around and talked quietly. He had to win that stupid stuffed bunny for Gwen because he knew how happy it would make her. She'd have one of those rare smiles that happened when she thought no one was looking, and look at him with gleaming eyes. So, he put in another token and picked up a ball.

"Are you ready yet?" Gwen said laughing, as she looked up at the look of pure concentration in Blake's eyes.

"You bet, one...two...three!" Blake threw the ball, and it landed in the 1000 ticket hole. Blake whooped, and being very childish and excitable, scooped her in a hug as the tickets came out.

He twirled her around, and let go to bend down and scoop up the tickets, while Gwen tried to regain her breath. In Blake's embrace, she felt happy and safe, a feeling that she hadn't felt in years.

As Blake bent back up, he looked into her eyes and said in his southern drawl, "Why you lookin' at me like that, sunshine?" He smiled and showed his dimples, and led her to the counter.

When they approached, Blake proudly placed the 4,000 tickets on the counter, and pointed to the animal on the top shelf. "We'll take that one right there." He boasted looking back at Gwen. She laughed, and smiled a real smile when the clerk handed it to her.

As they left and began the transit to the hotel, Blake glanced at Gwen, who was clutching the rabbit close. He chuckled, and turned on the radio. A bittersweet song filled the air, as the two remained silent, both listening intently to the lyrics.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Each felt breathless in their own way. The two shared a look that was completely unabashed. For the first time, they both felt they had someone, and that was all they needed.

Blake dropped Gwen off at her hotel, where she would go inside and have a sleepless night, filled with doubt and self hatred, while Blake would drive around drinking to forget until he passed out, not quite having a home. They were far from okay, but after tonight, they would hold out hope that things could be fixed so they would be a little less broken together.

AN: I don't know if anyone will still read this, but I felt I had to try and write more of this book. This may be it for a bit, but thank you guys : ). Au revior