Planning Something

They all laughed at Mitch's joke. The tenor leaned back, resting his head against Beau's chest. Warmth flooded through the taller brunette's heart, and he smiled at his boyfriend. Life could not be more perfect right now.

Mitch stood suddenly, saying he had to go to the bathroom. 

"How do bathrooms work, on the tour bus," Beau asked.

"I don't think anybody knows," Esther said, walking into the room without warning. All of them jumped. She pouted. "Enjoying yourselves without me?" Esther said. "I thought you loved me."

"Mitch said you were working," Scott replied, playing the blame game.

"Yeah, it was Mitch," Mason said, smirking as he put his head on the blonde's shoulder.

"Esther rolled her eyes, sitting down next to Beau.

"That's Mitch's seat!" he protested.

"Your boyfriend can sit in your lap," Esther said. "So, what was so funny?"

Jeremy grinned. "Why don't you ask Beau?" he said. "He was probably too busy planning something to hear."

"Planning something?" Beau repeated, trying desperately to erase his mental image of an engagement ring on Mitch's hand. "What makes you say that? You make me sound all sinister."

"Well, to start with, you seem distracted. You're acting like I was when I decided to marry Kirstie. Also, it looks like you're sweating."

He blushed, then nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, you're right, Jer. I am."

"What are you planning to do with our Mitchie, Beau?" Kirstie asked, smiling. Then her smile vanished. "And where the heck is that man?"

There was a giggle from by the door. "Don't tell me y'all are that unobservant," Mitch said, smirking as he walked away from the door. He turned to Beau and said, "Why is Kirst asking what you're going to do with me?"

"Well," Beau said, prepared to lie. "You're 'friends' are trying to get stuff out of me about our personal life."

"How personal?"

"Like, when I'm having a hard day and I call you to come over."

"Oh, that's really not so bad," Mitch said. "You can tell them what we do then."

_

That night, the band went out together. Beau opted to stay at the hotel. But he would go with Mitch to the hotel lobby. Or, he almost got to. As they stepped out of the room, Kirstin was waiting for them. "Mitch," she said, "I need to speak with your boyfriend."

Mitch frowned, quite plainly annoyed. "If you were anyone else, I'd say no," he said.

"Great," Kirstin said, taking that as okay. "Beau, let's go into your hotel room," she said.

They went back into the room, and Kirstie glared at him. "So," she said, "You wanna marry Mitch." She crossed her arms over her chest, then started walking towards Beau, backing him against the wall. "I'll allow it," she said, "But if you hurt him, in any way- if you so much as lay an aggressive hand on Mitch- I will hear about it, and then you're a dead man, Beaumont Sloane." She turned to leave, and then looked over her shoulder at him.

"Oh, and by the way, Scotty told me to inform you that he ever sees Mitch crying or about to cry because of your actions, you won't wake up the next morning.

***

So that was the first chapter of my first story 😃Hope you guys loved it! I'll make the next chapter as quickly as possible, but I don't know when that'll happen. Tell me what you would like to see! Who else should threaten Beau's safety to make sure he never hurts Mitch? Should he interrogate Mitch about their reasoning for this? What do you think?

(If I make a grammar mistake, I always dislike when other people do that, so feel free to correct it in the comments)