Chapter Three

Six months of pain.

It wasn't bad for the first week. It was just the feeling of pins and needles. After then, it was bones snapping pain. One night I was short of the potion for the pain and I passed out from how bad it was. Ella stopped sleeping in the bed with me for how much I would toss and turn. The pain almost doubled when I was on my period.

I still managed to complete the books and assignments Snape wanted me to, but after the second month it became harder with the pain. One of the times Snape stopped by, I was having a hard time even with the pain and sleeping potion. He stayed for the whole night instead of fifteen minutes, trying to use a spell to help elevate the pain.

Now the school year is finally over and I stood in the foyer of his house. I was shorter than when we first met and his potion worked. I was eleven again. Ella ran out of her carrier and began exploring her surroundings again.

"Why do you have to have a cat?" Snape asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I like cats," I responded.

"Your room is through the door, up the stairs, and on left."

I glanced around. It was dark and dingy. There was dust thicker in some places than the others and it felt abandoned.

"Couldn't you have just used a cleaning charm or something?" I asked.

"Maybe that should be the first charm you learn," he sneered.

"But that's a fourth-year charm!"

"Good, you remembered. Now we're going out to get your supplies and I need a few ingredients."

Snape turned away and began walking in the house.

"Are we going to Diagon Alley?"

He didn't answer and I felt excitement bubbling up. 

This is actually happening and not in Florida.

I grabbed my suitcase and my bag and ran up the stairs. The room was about the same size as the one in the Leaky Cauldron and there was a fireplace too. The sheets for the bed were folded neatly on the bed and a wardrobe to the side. Snape liked to bring up that he wasn't getting payed much extra for me.

Maybe Narnia is real too?

Both Tom and Snape provided me with smaller clothes. Snape would always say that they were from Minerva McGonagall or that they were left over from the students that had left for the summer. Only three people knew about me: Dumbledore, Snape, and McGonagall. Fudge and Tom don't know the details nor did they want to ask.

I met Snape back downstairs. He had his usual black cape on with his normal all black attire. He had a blank expression on his face while Ella rubbed his legs.

"Why didn't we just go when we were at the Leaky Cauldron?" I asked.

"We can apparate."

"We can't use floo powder?"

"No."

"Great," I said sarcastically.

Snape grabbed my arm and I felt that same feeling washing over me. I squeezed my eyes shut and didn't open them until he let go of my arm. He handed me a pouch with money in it.

"You only need your robes and your wand," Snape said. "Get your wand at Ollivanders first and then your robes. I've already taken care of your books and your materials."

"Can we get an owl?" I asked.

"No."

"Another cat?"