Chapter Four

The first appearance of magic didn't happen like how Snape wanted it to. It didn't happen during our lessons, but I was able to successfully complete every potion in the book. It actually happened because of Ella and a very important vile of ingredient that I needed for one of the last potions in the book.

There was a thunderstorm and one of the grumbles of thunder started Ella, making her dart from behind a shelf she was exposing to the floor. When she was jumping down, she knocked the glass bottle off. I got up and ran to try to catch it, but it stopped falling. Everything stopped moving. Ella was suspended in the air with one paw still on the shelf and the bottle floating in mid-air. 

I didn't think much of it at first and grabbed the bottle before it could shatter. It was only then that I realized what had happened. I had frozen time. This, of course, happened when Snape was not in the house. When he came back, I told him what happened and he did not believe me.

After that, he made me practice a few charms but none of them worked. It wasn't until we were back at Diagon Alley to gather some more ingredients it happened again. Snape looked at me wide-eyed when the glass orb that fell off the shelf ended up in my hand. We practiced again when we got home and I was successful. 

I forget that Hogwarts is a school sometimes and Snape is a professor there. He had to leave a few days early to head back to Hogwarts. While he was uncomfortable about leaving me in his house alone for these days, mainly because he thought I would put a hole in a wall, but I was okay with it. So, he gave me two options to pick from.

Option one was on the day I have to leave for Hogwarts, I get to navigate London myself to find the train station, pass through the hidden Platform 9 and ¾, and hope I don't get lost. Option two was to use floo powder to go the house of someone who would take me there. For someone who does not know London and since GPS was not something I could use in 1991, I opted for option two. 

Snape, of course, never mentioned who would be taking me there. When I asked, he just told me to focus on what I was brewing. He just said and wrote down what I needed to say before he left.

"Wait!" I called to him running down the stairs. "I have to warn you!"

"What is it now?" Snape sighed.

I held the corresponding fingers up and spoke, "One- be careful of Quidditch games. Don't wear your favorite cloak to them. Two- be careful of Fluffy. Seriously, have first aid ready-"

"How do you know about-" Snape's eyebrows were drawn together.

"Three!" I exclaimed. "Do not and I mean do not trust Quirrell."

Dumbledore also sent an owl when he heard that my magic surfaced. In the letter, he said that he sent a chest as a congratulatory present and that I would find it useful when packing. It was slightly larger than my suitcase and was made out of a dark leather. At one end of the chest, it had I.E.O. written in gold cursive letters and the Hogwarts crest in the same gold on the top. I got startled when I started packing my items into it because it was able fit an unlimited number of things.

Like Hermione's pouch.

I started thinking about the different characters that I was actually going to meet: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, and Neville Longbottom. I felt my face particularly heating up when I thought about meeting Fred. Someone I had a crush on in the books was now real. It was embarrassing. 

When the floo powder dust cleared, I could see an elaborate rug hiding the dark stone floor. The furniture was elegant and freshly polished, much different to Snape's house. There were chandeliers that hung and sparkled from the candle lights. The walls were a deep purple and pantings hung on every wall.